Penny Goodwin ReIssue Madness On EBAY

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Why would you pay this much for a "reissue" test press from 2003?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4749985830&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I see Jake tried to get at thaT.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Why would you pay this much for a "reissue" test press from 2003?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4749985830&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I listened to my reissue this weekend and I can't figure out why anyone wants to spend more than $25 on an OG. It's a nice enough LP, but I am happy someone saw fit to reissue it cuz I sure can't see the fuss.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4749985830&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I listened to my reissue this weekend and I can't figure out why anyone wants to spend more than $25 on an OG. It's a nice enough LP, but I am happy someone saw fit to reissue it cuz I sure can't see the fuss.

I paid $300 for my copy.

Paint me chumpy.

Who want's my copy for $25?

• Options
    Title track is cool, but I'm with you there. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it - which is why I satisfied with the 12 of "Too...".

K.

I paid $300 for my copy.

Paint me chumpy.

Who want's my copy for $25?

N, I understand the game, but I guess I just wasn't hearing that facemelt-gotta-have-it-fuck-the-cost sound in the grooves. I like it fine, but it just doesn't distinguish itself to my ears that way. Little-dude-itis, I guess, has a hold on me.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Title track is cool, but I'm with you there. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it - which is why I satisfied with the 12 of "Too...".

K.

3rded or 4thed. I listened to this recently at a shop and heard one good song and the rest was just eh. Not bad, but not especially interesting either.

• Options
    Little dude got a hold on me.

That has to be a song title on the SOulstrut CD.

K.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I dig the ray tabbs lp way more.......

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    K, is that a legit 12"?

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    I see Jake tried to get at thaT.

he must have not scrolled down to see it is a reissue. i'll bet a majority of the people who bid didn't know it was a reissue test pressing.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I paid $1 for my mint original.

I paid $1 for my mint original.

For a $1 record, it's a freakin' AWESOME LP. Even the reissue(mine was $8.99 from DGA if memory serves)is a worthwhile investment. Nice vocal jazz LP.

I just found a mint copy (double) of this this past weekend if anybody needs.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

what's it sound like, nate? I remember not being too floored by the Goodwin when I heard it.

Sidenote: I thought that round of test presses for sale by Blue Note in Miami was pretty lame. First of all, why were many of those titles categorized in the World music / African section??? like the Wendell Harrison. Plus, kind of obvious they were test presses of the reissues, but why not just say it rather than the mystery.

• Options
    K, is that a legit 12"?

Plays legit. Address on it too:

Freesound Records
    342 West 58th St
    New York 100018 (I think they printed too many zero's)

I got it in a rare groove collection that had about %5 reissues.

K.

what's it sound like, nate? I remember not being too floored by the Goodwin when I heard it.

Sidenote: I thought that round of test presses for sale by Blue Note in Miami was pretty lame. First of all, why were many of those titles categorized in the World music / African section??? like the Wendell Harrison. Plus, kind of obvious they were test presses of the reissues, but why not just say it rather than the mystery.

Two nice funkier jazz-dance tracks. The rest is straight ahead jazz. Good listen & Rare.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I'm still blown by your mom's pad............plus the size of that tent, she goes all out on the parties.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I see Jake tried to get at thaT. [/quote

Yeah I'm a flop. I didn't really read the auction too thoroughly. I'm glad I didn't even win. I had the record and sold it 5 years ago and was basically tryin to reclaim it.