Allthebreaks.com

2»

Comments

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    There are so many wack sampling cd's on the market so waht is the problem if some propper cd's are also offered ?? There are hundreds of wack HipHop sampling cd's. If you listen to them you know that the people who did them have the knowleged of Forrest Gumb about HipHop and Funk.

And most of the end 80's hiphop productions used the UBB series to the fullest. Just compare the time of a usage of a break and compare that with the releas date of the UBB vol. Impeach the President was on a UBB released in 86 and badboombadebing it is used by Marley and Ced Gee on Eric B for President and a year later on BDP's Criminal Minded LP.

The Beats, Breaks and Scratches series by Simon Harris was a rip off of the UBB which honestly were also a Rip off. (Ever wondered why the names of the artist never were on the cover ??. As far as I know the tracks on the UBB series where officialy anounced as cover versions. So they were legaly allright in front of the BMI and the Ascap. But they were never officialy cleared with the original lables. Like I said, dont know if its a hoax or not)

Back to Simon Harry, what this british guy did was to take the UBB series (Back than it was simply impossibel to get those records in Europe back than. Sure their were allways the guys who had a possibility to get those vol. but it was not that easy. Imagine that in the 80's their were guys who came back from NY and ran around in Discos try to sell tapes they had recorded from NYC radio stations with rap on it to finance the trip. We paid up to 30$ for a mixtape.)

So Simon Harris sampled just the breaks from the UBB series and pressed around 12 of it on one record. I dont know one HipHop dude that were into rap music back than who didnt had one of those 12 Vol. Mr.Harris did.

This sums it up to the point that even if your first sources are not the purest form, it will lead you into the demand to get it in the purest form. And why not to start with a cd of 300 drumbreaks. One guy referd to the phatdrumloop.com site. THis site was born out of a Beatloop record series. The guy wanted to know where are the original beraks are from. I think its not a problem that these gus do the cd.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• Who cares if you got your impeach drums off a reckord or a CD? They're still the same drums. And what hip hop producers are using breaks these days anyways? If the drums are from the triton, you aren't hearing them.

• 16 outta 16. i feel so legitimate now
    for real though, that game is dope. they should do it with all 300 breaks on random.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    15 outta 16. i feel so weak now

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Who cares if you got your impeach drums off a reckord or a CD? They're still the same drums. And what hip hop producers are using breaks these days anyways? If the drums are from the triton, you aren't hearing them.

The triton has drums that are from breaks... mindboggling...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    16/16...

Perfect score here too. And I haven't even heard some of the songs before, like Junior Mance, Little Feat and Five Stairsteps. I've got the Love and Hihache breaks on CD and comp, respectively, but I'd be "doggone" if I could identify those songs if I heard them.

Will somebody ID the breaks on Paris' SCARFACE BREAKS AND BEATS comps for me now?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    16/16...

waaay too easy.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    15/16 - I thought i got em all for sure too.

You have to make sure that you have answered all the questions before you hit submit...

No self respecting SoulStrutter should get less than perfect...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Piss off, I got 14, and 4 of them were process of elim/guesses.

The ones I didn't get or guessed on are that ones that suck.

As for the CD, it's ghey as well, but if someone burned me a copy I'd load the fuckers up. If you wanna make records by sampling shit you're better off getting 30 records out a dollar bin.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    16 out of 16

Piss off, I got 14, and 4 of them were process of elim/guesses.

The ones I didn't get or guessed on are that ones that suck.

You suck... if you were only sure about 10 of them, you need to take yourself back to (whatever's-clever).com... only pros here shorty.

You suck... if you were only sure about 10 of them, you need to take yourself back to (whatever's-clever).com... only pros here shorty.

REGULATE... THE RAYSTAR ERA

Soulstrut broke me out of my beat elitist, your stupid if you dont know this or that attitude, but sometimes it gotta come out... its just beneath the surface.

Soulstrut broke me out of my beat elitist, your stupid if you dont know this or that attitude, but sometimes you gotta just let the blood flow

• At the Philly show:

Raystar: "Yo you know this Valerie Simpson?"

Paycheck: "kinda, I mean I see it around..."

Raystar: "PFFFFFT."

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Soulstrut broke me out of my beat elitist, your stupid if you dont know this or that attitude, but sometimes it gotta come out... its just beneath the surface.

And that's why I post, to bring out the best in this board. Sayin tho, I'm crap at naming drum braeks and my Endtroducing is minty fresh, that's all a bit ghey to me. But run along with your Now That's What I Call Breaks and I'll chill with my Soul Fire LPs.

300 Midi drums breaks... now that would be worth $30

• chasechase 767 Posts
    15/16?

shit must be broke

15/16?

shit must be broke

What up Chase! How have you been?

• So lemme get this straight, it's a CD with 300 loops?
    I'd pay $10 for that, but not $30.
    Shit just to have as a back up tool.
    Someone needs to Mp3 that piece up & upload it.

Are all the UBB breaks on it ?

My questions is, were/are the UBB series out on CD?
    I heard some were, but slept.
    This would be cool for the Serato/CD-J dudes.

I used to be all about playing them real deals only, but no one really gives a fuck these days, do they?

Same with sampling. I have seen KNOWN dudes sampling right off other Hip Hop records.
    Sacreligious in my book, and them dudes are gettin yaperola for beats.
    I won't go that far, but yeah, newer young hungry producers aint checkin for real breaks like you guys.

Simon Harris always had the corniest scratch tools at end of his break records didn't he ??

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Ok, here is how easy it is. I got 12/16 and I don't know worms about breaks.

Dan