Could We Nix the "Don't Tase Me, Bro" Headline?

Comments

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    Well it was worth a try.

I'm not into the "don't mess with the police" argument. Most of us believe in standing up to bullies, but somehow the attitude changes when the bully puts on a blue uniform.

I'm also tired of the argument that radical movements and popular struggles are some kind of sport for wealthy entitled 20 somethings. I know lots of people who live this way, and they're from all across the economic, racial, and geographic spectrum. Much like hip-hop, the motivating factor transcends social boundaries.

More like internet record forums are for wealthy, entitled people. It takes a comfortable income to be able to burn money on music and spend hours clickty-clacking online.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    You sound like a humorless retard.

I vote we replace it with this.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Connotations of police brutality aside, it's kind of a played-out internet meme anyway. You might as well have "I can has cheezburger" up there or something.

As someone mentioned above, something more clever or strut-centric (or both) would be preferable.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    You sound like a humorless retard.

I vote we replace it with this.

comparing Thermos to a retard is offensive to retards

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

radical movements

Dudes getting sore because I said their joke wasn't funny.

I love yall. You're all my babies.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    shouldn't you be out marching in London or someshit?

lol

This is that passive-aggressive shit where a dude is like "I am butthurt because this insults my delicate sensibilities" and then turns around and pretends to be above it and says "why are you guys all butthurt?"

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yeah, its not like he said "dudu" was a funny name. That would have truly been AWFUL.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    This is f*ckin hilarious.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Most of us believe in standing up to bullies, but somehow the attitude changes when the bully puts on a blue uniform.

Cops are not bullies. Bullies are regular people who do not enforce the law. Would you try to stand up to lightning? It's the same thing man, power structures that can F*ck you up, but you can't do shit to stop them. You don't poke the bear with the stick is all I'm saying. Police lie, and act criminally, and usually get away with it. They tread a thin line, and the rest of us have to deal with that.

Yeah, its not like he said "dudu" was a funny name. That would have truly been AWFUL.

You are a small man in a big body.

From what I understand, he's actually a midget with a full-body tattoo of a much larger man.

Lordy. I'm gonna

Yall have a good time wrappin this up.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Cops are not bullies. Bullies are regular people who do not enforce the law. Would you try to stand up to lightning? It's the same thing man, power structures that can F*ck you up, but you can't do shit to stop them. You don't poke the bear with the stick is all I'm saying....They tread a thin line, and the rest of us have to deal with that.

cannot agree with this at all.

From what I understand, he's actually a midget with a full-body tattoo of a much larger man.

It gives me motion sickness just looking at him.

Lordy. I'm gonna

Yall have a good time wrappin this up.

RADICAL STREET PROTEST TACTICS REVEALED!

Cops are not bullies. Bullies are regular people who do not enforce the law. Would you try to stand up to lightning? It's the same thing man, power structures that can F*ck you up, but you can't do shit to stop them. You don't poke the bear with the stick is all I'm saying....They tread a thin line, and the rest of us have to deal with that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    TRIES TO STAND UP TO LIGHTNING

For Bassie:

• pweng

NVOAVH8Q[Hvnaznavonvvcnva0a0igREINVINVN)h

hn

vf vfkn f v vjfknmdf vffv vkvan kn sdsd n$#$ $$# FLD VD SJVDJl dcCdjc DC ascASCKHkd hd cLSHD;LKJSADFLCIC OFVjnNJN;ln; OLNDEDNnjnjn

cdbaishdciahbdcs ochosdhc cnnc cduidoiediofvm nm,vkxzjcvsjvsd jhaskfasdksd *(&UKB KJSADODO*JK kjKJDSkjsbdkJSBD

lol

I like the detail on the tail.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

This is true. He kept PM'ing me like all "So I'm thinking about getting a full-body tattoo of a larger man" and shit. I was all "whatevs, dude."

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

So you're saying it's a good idea to fusk with the cops?

I'm just saying, you gotta pick your battles very carefully when it comes to Law Enforcement Officials. Do they go too far sometimes, and need to be reminded that they're not invincible? Of course. THe dude that bodied a bicyclist during Critical Mass in NYC a few months ago got roasted big time, and that's a good thing.

But, when I'm out skating with my friends and the cops are kicking us out of the spot I'm not gonna tell them to go fusk themselves cause I'm not trying to get beat, or put in jail. I'd like to tell them to go fusk themselves, but I've learned that lesson the hard way.

Jail sucks, paying to get out of jail sucks, and having a criminal record sucks. These are all things that cops can do to you whenever they feel like, and they don't really have to answer to anyone for it. I don't see the need to provoke them and give them a reason to hit me with the business.

Protest situations are just a bad time to show the cops that you're not scared of them, because most likely you're gonna wind up hurt and in jail. The dudes/dudettes are wound up and on edge and waiting for people to take it out on.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

pweng

hn

vf vfkn f v vjfknmdf vffv vkvan kn sdsd n$#$ $$# FLD VD SJVDJl dcCdjc DC ascASCKHkd hd cLSHD;LKJSADFLCIC OFVjnNJN;ln; OLNDEDNnjnjn

cdbaishdciahbdcs ochosdhc cnnc cduidoiediofvm nm,vkxzjcvsjvsd jhaskfasdksd *(&UKB KJSADODO*JK kjKJDSkjsbdkJSBD

Can we all chip in and buy Stevie a braille keyboard please.

So you're saying it's a good idea to fusk with the cops?

I'm just saying, you gotta pick your battles very carefully when it comes to Law Enforcement Officials. Do they go too far sometimes, and need to be reminded that they're not invincible? Of course. THe dude that bodied a bicyclist during Critical Mass in NYC a few months ago got roasted big time, and that's a good thing.

But, when I'm out skating with my friends and the cops are kicking us out of the spot I'm not gonna tell them to go fusk themselves cause I'm not trying to get beat, or put in jail. I'd like to tell them to go fusk themselves, but I've learned that lesson the hard way.

Jail sucks, paying to get out of jail sucks, and having a criminal record sucks. These are all things that cops can do to you whenever they feel like, and they don't really have to answer to anyone for it. I don't see the need to provoke them and give them a reason to hit me with the business.

Protest situations are just a bad time to show the cops that you're not scared of them, because most likely you're gonna wind up hurt and in jail. The dudes/dudettes are wound up and on edge and waiting for people to take it out on.

Yup - that's exactly what I'm saying!!

Cmon now.

There is something, a lot, between rolling over and playing dead like there's nothing you can do / they are a force not to be reckoned with and f*cking with the cops / provoking them.

Never holding people accountable because nothing will change is not an attitude I can get with.

I'm at work so I can't even address all the things I don't agree with that you've written above. Let's just say we have very different ideas of activism, resistance, complacency and speaking in sweeping generalities.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

pweng

hn

Can we all chip in and buy Stevie a braille keyboard please.

LOL

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Never holding people accountable because nothing will change is not an attitude I can get with.

I'm not about that attitude either. Never have been, so in the least we agree on that.

• Dudes getting sore

Sound like the pot calling the kettle black to me.