Os Catedraticos

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
These four LPs on Equipe are all perfect IMO. Some of the first Brazilian LPs I picked up, and giving them a relisten after a while I still love them all start-to-finish.

Comments

• I've got this record called Conjunto Castelinho and I've been told it's actually an Os Catedraticos record just released under a different title. I think it's on a label called Spot or something (a brazilian press). Do you know if its one of these records? Don't want to buy the same record twice youknow

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I've got this record called Conjunto Castelinho and I've been told it's actually an Os Catedraticos record just released under a different title. I think it's on a label called Spot or something (a brazilian press). Do you know if its one of these records? Don't want to buy the same record twice youknow

Yes. All the Spot releases are identical to the Equipe releases of the same last two digits. If you tell me the SPOT number, I can tell you which Deodato LP it is.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    A few weeks ago I found that Tremend??o album with
    the Spot reissue inside.
    It seems that they used the remaining covers of Tremendao
    for the reissue. A seller I know had two copies just like mine.
    Spot reissued it as Conjunto Castelinho: Os donos da Bossa.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Moogman, do you know if a SPOT 33.005 exists? I have 33.002 through 007, but no 005. I also dont think there is a 33.001?

Moogman, do you know if a SPOT 33.005 exists? I have 33.002 through 007, but no 005. I also dont think there is a 33.001?

Sorry Saba, I know nothing about Spot's catalogue.
    I'll ask around and if I find anything I'll tell you.

I talked to a seller who also is a Bossa collector and he
    said all the Spot releases are the first issues and the
    Catedr??ticos are later pressings with different names and
    covers.
    There is a third release of those records, again with different
    names, but he couldn't remember them.