Trailer Park Boys (TVR)

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Iknow I probably need a huge latte pass on this, but I saw the movie last night and it is some of the funniest sh*t I've ever seen. Anyone have a link they might PM to a torrent of any of the earlier seasons???

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Greatest show on earth.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

"Nomesayin?"

"Pimptight"

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts

@1:44

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Totally worth Netflixing the whole series.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    One of the best shows of all time. The episode with Sebastian Bach & the Swayze train still brings tears to my eyes. Aren't they supposed to be making a 2nd movie or something?

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    One of the best shows of all time. The episode with Sebastian Bach & the Swayze train still brings tears to my eyes. Aren't they supposed to be making a 2nd movie or something?

Yes, and it's going to be in more of the original "documentary style" than the first movie.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    as a canadian, i take pride in this pop cultural landmark for canada. such an excellent show...my fave gags is when the camera crew gets involved.

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    "Corey...Trevor..smokes"

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Yeah, cosign on the show and the movie, great as f**k!
    I thought it would have been cool to see more of conky though...(one episode deep)

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    ahhh trailer park boys.

I live in Dartmouth Nova Scotia where the show is shot... The main trailer park set is about ten minutes from my house on the way to the beach.

I love the show and it was great when i was living in toronto to watch something from my hometown. Took me a minute to get into it cause i wasnt sure if it was all that funny.. it was TOO REAL.

It's even funnier if you know the people. I see mister Lahey at the grocery store ALL THE TIME - and he drives a car almost as shitty as the one on the show! Lucy is a regular at the local coffee place. J-Roc used to host a children's TV show here (makes his character THAT much funnier to me), Corey was in Hip CLub Groove (semi big Rap group from round here), Mike Jackson (Trever) is one of the funniest doods you could ever meet and has been in local bands since when i was an early teen, Nobu (the crazy asian drug dealer who's junk is always hangin out) is a super cool dood etc etc.

Love it for the east coast locales.. i got in a big argument with some friends of mine who live in toronto but grew up here about a local statue - the cow bay moose.. to which they didnt belive even existed - UNTIL the episode the crazy cab driver takes Lahey hostage and they have the shootout by the cowbay moose!

Im just shocked to find an international audience finds shit like taking Rita Mcneil hostage to harvest dope funny.. to a maritimer this is UNREAL hilarity...

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    LOVE THIS SHOW

• wow, super latte pass...my buddy smoked a joint with ricky and bubbles at the junos (canadian grammy's)a couple of years ago and they joked around about the "freedom 35 plan".

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Greatest show on earth.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    my favourite line of all

cop to ricky: "exactly what i said...that's why i chose the words..."

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    what makes the show more special to me is as a kid i grew up to J-Roc's shows "Street Cents" a kids show that taught u entrepreneur skills and budgeting and his show as a host in "Jonovision". Him in that J-Roc persona is just unreal and hilarious when u think of what a geek he used to play.