Music/Songs that should be banned from movies 4evr

2»

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    mgmt - time to pretend

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

"Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters

Right. I called it I'm A Man above by mistake.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

The Buddy Gets Killed in Vietnam Scene (Sweet Home Alabama)
    and so on...

Makes sense they'd use a cliched song for a cliched moment.

and the hell of it is, the Vietnam war was OVER by the time "s.h.a." came out

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    How have you all somehow missed the most overused movie/tv/commercial tune of all time?!?!?!?!?!?!

MARVIN GAYE - LETS GET IT ON.

easily the most epicly overused song EVAR.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

and so on...

Ha! It's such a cliche at this point that I didn't even think about it. You're right!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

and so on...

Ha! It's such a cliche at this point that I didn't even think about it. You're right!

See, y'all are missing the point that it's meant to invoke the fact that the poor soldiers pine for....Alabama? Wait, what?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    pine

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    pine

You've had me saying it for the last several days.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    I can't believe nobody mentioned "Also sprach Zahathustra". Best when used in humorous renditions of the 2001 scene where the bone transforms in a spaceship. I hate it. Use should be prohibited forever.

Same goes for OST of "Once Upon The Time In The West".
    Also the OST of Schulm??dchenreport (German Soft Sex Films of the 70s) has been excessively overused at least on german TV.

I blame stupidity of german TV responsibles for this disaster. I HATE TV SO MUCH.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Whenever any Hollywood movie has a Tango scene (apart from the fact they never actually dance the tango) they always play the instrumental of Por Una Cabeza or Adios Muchachos...

• ...and that dick dale tune from pulp fiction - it should be banned from movies, tv, radio, and real life
    the world forced me to listen to this ine maybe 600 times in my life, me unliking it from the 2nd time on

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    uuuuggghhhhhhhhhh!
    I lived next to a fraternity house during Pulp Fiction Soundtrack Time...9 month lease.
    EVERY SINGLE F'IN NIGHT:
    Son of a Preacher Man.

so yeah: Pulp Fiction Soundtrack gets the bozack X2.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    ...and that dick dale tune from pulp fiction - it should be banned from movies, tv, radio, and real life
    the world forced me to listen to this ine maybe 600 times in my life, me unliking it from the 2nd time on

Ahhhhhhhh student parties and everybody is doing the

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    And also...
    "We are the champions" Queen... every f*cking time some loser team wins the finals!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    some loser team wins the finals!!!

• Options
    11. Ride Of The Valkyries Budapest Symphony Orchestra

I will never get tired of this song. Back in the early '80's my father's firehouse mounted massive speakers on their truck and bit Apocalypse Now by blasting the movie version while screaming through the streets of Brownsville, Brooklyn. I'll never forget going to work with him once in awhile and the first time I experienced this, it was some whoooole other shit.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    And also...
    "We are the champions" Queen... every f*cking time some loser team wins the finals!!!

What songs should be banned from sporting events?

Na Na Goodbye. Never liked it anyway.
    We Will Rock You.
    YMCA.
    Respect.
    Rock N Roll Part 2.

• 11. Ride Of The Valkyries Budapest Symphony Orchestra

I will never get tired of this song. Back in the early '80's my father's firehouse mounted massive speakers on their truck and bit Apocalypse Now by blasting the movie version while screaming through the streets of Brownsville, Brooklyn. I'll never forget going to work with him once in awhile and the first time I experienced this, it was some whoooole other shit.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And also...

We Will Rock You.
    YMCA.
    Respect.
    Rock N Roll Part 2.

I have to give Madison Square Garden credit. They do play some up to date stuff.

But the rest of the League needs to chill on...

Kool/Gang - Celebration
    The Adaams Familiy Organ melody
    Kris Kross - Jump

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    And also...

We Will Rock You.
    YMCA.
    Respect.
    Rock N Roll Part 2.

I have to give Madison Square Garden credit. They do play some up to date stuff.

But the rest of the League needs to chill on...

Kool/Gang - Celebration
    The Adaams Familiy Organ melody
    Kris Kross - Jump

At the end of a recent Arsenal (soccer related) game, which they won, which resulted in them moving up a place in league, they played Curtis - Move on up. [i was feeling it]