Ft Lauderdale/ Boca Area

Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Hi,I'm gonna be in ft lauderdale/boca raton FL this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew good record stores or digging spots down there... I also like used CD stores and stores that sell manga (japanese comics).Thanks

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Doggie, do a search. This thread consistently comes up every 4 months. I couldn't tell you shit about Boca, but there's plenty of 954 info in older threads.

• Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
    i searched for ft lauderdale, florida, "fl" "954" and didnt see anything actually... i wont be in miami

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Let us know if you track anything down on the board or otherwise, I'll be in that area in the next 6 weeks or so, grandma visit-related...

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I was in Radio-Actice Records in Ft. Lauderdale a few weeks ago and found some great stuff including a long time Brazilian want for $4 and some nice Cuban LP's. I also broke the needle on their listening station and felt awful about it. I'm sure the station is fine now.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Doggie, do a search. This thread consistently comes up every 4 months. I couldn't tell you shit about Boca, but there's plenty of 954 info in older threads.

yes, read hemol's advice in some of the older threads and have a good time visiting a gang of closed record shops. There are FEW good records in the FEW shops that exist in the "954". radio-active is a cool spot that most local heads don't mess with def worth a stop. Kelly always has cool records and always worth a stop if in town.

with that said...I have records. PM me.

• Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
    I'm going to stop at radio-active. Thanks!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

yes, read hemol's advice in some of the older threads and have a good time visiting a gang of closed record shops.

I'm pretty sure the only closed record shop that I've recommended is All Books' Oakland Park location. But I commend your powers of gross exaggeration.

b/w

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post1275723

yes, read hemol's advice in some of the older threads and have a good time visiting a gang of closed record shops.

I'm pretty sure the only closed record shop that I've recommended is All Books' Oakland Park location. But I commend your powers of gross exaggeration.

b/w

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post1275723

No worries. I'm going to go listen to power 96 and reminisce about how they were the first local station to play rap music. Enjoy!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

No worries. I'm going to go listen to power 96 and reminisce about how they were the first local station to play rap music. Enjoy!

I would post the you mad doggie? graemlin, but there's no need to ask. Have I wronged you?

b/w

I said that Khaled was on power 96 (oops) instead of 99.1, and you corrected me on it.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT 305 305 305 305 305 IS KING
    CHECK THE 305....
    FOR THE RAREST 305 JAMZ

EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT 305 305 305 305 305 IS KING
    CHECK THE 305....
    FOR THE RAREST 305 JAMZ

DOG! STOP MAKING FALSE CLAIMS.

MY 305 COLLECTION IS IS SOOOOOOO REAL. ONLY THE ILLEST FUNK BOOGIE JAMZ FROM THE 305 RESIDE HERE. I'VE SEEN THEM ALL!!! TREOHFIVE KING!!!

305 IN THE 212 ON 3/27 WHAT DA 411

I would post the you mad doggie? graemlin, but there's no need to ask. Have I wronged you?

b/w

I said that Khaled was on power 96 (oops) instead of 99.1, and you corrected me on it.

Not at all, I just think your annoying.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    your annoying.

What about my annoying?