Bombay The Hard Way(rr question)

ageage 1,131 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Do people still sweat this record?Bombay The Hardway:Guns,Cars & Sitars(Automator & Shadow)I found a couple of sealed copies(2) at the spot (Gold vinyl)Was just wondering, I have not heard about it in a minute.Not really my cup of tea.Your thoughts?Thanks Adrian

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    This was my first encounter with the world of indian OSTs. I still like the few original tracks on it although the mastering on this sounds rather poor. I never felt the remixes though. Not very inspired re-editing with thin drum loops layered below. Unfortunatly the record consists in a major part of these renditions.
    I guess there are better sounding compilations on the market now.

BTW, I knew that Dan the Automator was involved in this but never heard Shadow was.

• minimini 879 Posts
    I Think Shadow was involved only in one song.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I like 'My Guru'..

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I Think Shadow was involved only in one song.

Correct, but in the last few years it has turned into a major Shadow project when he only supplied a beat to "My Guru". I'm sure now that it's "just an Automator album", people will be packing albums with it.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    there were colored vinyl versions of this that were far more limited among the regular versions. don't think there is a demand for them though. check up on discogs for more info.

• there were colored vinyl versions of this that were far more limited among the regular versions. don't think there is a demand for them though. check up on discogs for more info.

When I first tried getting hold of it, I know the gold version was selling for a rediculous amount on Musicstack, but with those prices it's difficult to tell whether it's the proper market value.

I did enjoy it when I first heard it, I think mostly due to the novelty but that soon wore off.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I copped when it dropped.

Recently we had to paint the entire 'museum; and my co-worker brought in this dude who suppossedly "was into music".

Dude put this on like it was some "new" shit.
    "look im into other stuff than guitar-based music"

YAWN.

Professor Pyarelal & Swami Safari is my shit.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I have easily seen 10 or so gold copies, yet I have NEVER seen a regular black vinyl pressing. Anyone have one?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I have easily seen 10 or so gold copies, yet I have NEVER seen a regular black vinyl pressing. Anyone have one?

*raises hand*

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

*raises hand*

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

*raises hand*

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I have easily seen 10 or so gold copies, yet I have NEVER seen a regular black vinyl pressing. Anyone had[/b] one?

*raises hand*

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

*raises hand*