Blair "Night Life" sleeve needed $$/trade

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited March 2009 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Scooped a clean copy of this LP with a toxic mold sleeve in a collection yesterday. Will pay or trade fair for a clean empty sleeve or a clean sleeve/wrecked LP copy.Thanks!

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I no longer need this sleeve. Turns out it was the Night Life 12" inside.

Terrible developments, I know.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You still need a sleeve for that, though not as bad.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Does the US 12" come with a picture cover? I got the UK 12" recently and it just came in a label sleeve.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    The US pressing is in a plain label sleeve as well. When found,the condition is a lot better than the LP.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    No die cut. Just plain with not so fancy Blair Nightlife written on it.

Yeah I know there's a sleeve but I think it's a bit easier to sell a Nightlife 12" in an old disco sleeve than the album, you know?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    sleevestruts been sucking lately

i want my sleeeeeeeeves!

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Yeah I know there's a sleeve but I think it's a bit easier to sell a Nightlife 12" in an old disco sleeve than the album, you know?

That and it's worth 4 times the amount helps.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Wait.. the 12" is worth 4 times the amount of the album?

Really?

Wait.. the 12" is worth 4 times the amount of the album?

Really?
    Yes at 500!

lol it's not worth 4x. try 2x. $500 is way steep.

I think the folks at Record Mania had a sealed copy for $400 at one time! Damn record sold quick.

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    Why is it worth more - I was pretty sure they're exactly the same mix, right? I can't imagine the press being *that* much louder. And you get more songs on the LP!

Why is it worth more - I was pretty sure they're exactly the same mix, right? I can't imagine the press being *that* much louder. And you get more songs on the LP!

The 12' version has a longer intro than the LP version. Take a listen.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Why is it worth more - I was pretty sure they're exactly the same mix, right? I can't imagine the press being *that* much louder.

12" usually have extended versions or alternate mixes (some times by renown DJ's or remixers), are louder crispier sounding and might even include an instrumental or dub on the flip side.

And you get more songs on the LP!

People that collect 12"s don't care about more songs, specially when the main interest is that one banger or hit that came out on 12".

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    I know that's what's behind 12" collecting - but in this case I can't understand it. I don't think the pressing's any louder or crisper, I'm pretty sure the mix is identical and it's backed with Virgo Princess, not an instrumental or anything unique! That's why I could never justify buying the 12" for more than the LP *in this case*.
    Another case in point - 'The Brothers' - Don't Stop Now LP. It seems to be much cheaper to get hold of than the 12" of "Under The Skin'. Again - identical mix on each record, and some killer tracks on the LP that you don't get with the 12". In that case, it's the album for me every time.

I'm fairly certain the Brothers 12" has a longer or different mix.

It's certainly a nicer sound on 12" than dynaflex vinyl!

Definitely nicer sound. That 12" has "under the skin" on one whole side by itself whereas the LP has 4 cuts per side.

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    OK you guys got me, fair enough!
    But I'm pretty sure it's the same mix on the 12" as the LP

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You sound twelveless.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    This 12" really shoulda come with an instrumental on the flip. There's that drunk edit tho I guess.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Brothers-Dont-St...bayphotohosting

Here's someone's chance to get it cheap.