Blipsters

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Black Hipsters.I saw a bunch of them at SXSW.I've never seen this discussed.Are they called Chads??

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    the modern hipster includes those of all race and welcomes the irony of non white hipsters

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    the modern hipster includes those of all race and welcomes the irony of non white hipsters

This type of education alone makes SS worthwhile.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Black Hipsters.

I saw a bunch of them at SXSW.

I've never seen this discussed.

Are they called Chads??

We've touched on them here (no ayo) and I believe many of them are perpetrators of the "tight sag" (SS link plaese) if my field observations are accurate. The ones we've discussed here have pretty much all been rappers.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    In my very white and suburban city you will find numerous blipsters present.

The Bad Brains???

Really?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

This type of education alone makes SS worthwhile.
    Just trying to make sure you don't cancel your subscription yet man.

• this is pretty damn accurate.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    This thread is suspect. Just reinforces the perception that ethnic groups are expected to be a certain way. Very suburban outlook. Like when people not from LA wonder why non-whites are skateboarding. Lame.

This thread is suspect. Just reinforces the perception that ethnic groups are expected to be a certain way. Very suburban outlook. Like when people not from LA wonder why non-whites are skateboarding. Lame.

I'll admit I had a mental stereotype of what a Hipster is that did not include the black man.

I would assume dispelling stereotypes is a good thing?

And yeah, that just happened.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Very suburban outlook. Like when people not from LA wonder why non-whites are skateboarding. Lame.
    I know right?
    I saw a black dood skateboarding down the block here in CT last week and and all the whyte women were screaming bloody murder & dialing 911.
    It was nuts, yo.

• This thread is suspect. Just reinforces the perception that ethnic groups are expected to be a certain way. Very suburban outlook. Like when people not from LA wonder why non-whites are skateboarding. Lame.

A valid point and I see what you're saying. I think it just depends the context of where the surprise comes from.

b/w

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    would people hurry up and get a life already? why's everyone worried about what other people are wearing, riding and f*cking. do you.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Hipsters are so simple though.

Fat balding white dudes on the hand, are complex. For example, I love most noodle dishes, except Pho... How could you even begin to diagram that?

• would people hurry up and get a life already? why's everyone worried about what other people are wearing, riding and f*cking. do you.

damn dog, I just about to big you up about your outfit when I saw you last.

FUGGIT NOW NVRMIND KTHNX BAI

• If I were one of them, I'd prefer to be called a Blapster.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I might just start calling myself a blapster anyways.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    would people hurry up and get a life already? why's everyone worried about what other people are wearing, riding and f*cking. do you.

damn dog, I just about to big you up about your outfit when I saw you last.

FUGGIT NOW NVRMIND KTHNX BAI
    ARRF!!i'm just saying... let's let these kids do there thing, and do yours. it's a waste of energy.

i'm just as sick of hearing about it as i am seeing it.

• I might just start calling myself a blapster anyways.

on that peer2peer sharing tip.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Some of my best friends are blip.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• the modern hipster includes those of all race
    Yeah, It's not a good look to single anyone out. They're almost like a race themselves.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Hah, I know 8 people who are pictured on that bingo board.

B/W

Do we really need another "What's up with hipsters" thread on this motherfucker?

Do we really need another "What's up with hipsters" thread on this motherfucker?

Cosmo,
    I heard the term Blipster for the first time this weekend at SXSW....I started this thread to see if it was a known term/phenomena or something dude made up on the spot.

Now I find that not only is it real, it has it's own Board Game.

Totally worth starting the thread.

I never had before, nor never will again, start a thread about Blipsters/Hipsters.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word word man... Well to answer your question, dudes have been using that term for a while now.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    wondering exactly what is the blipster connection w/Eddie Murphy...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    More importantly, why are all of batmons youtube videos purple framed?