how do i BLOCK france in my EBAY auctions

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
i'm getting very upset about this because i've stated clearly in english and french that i do not ship to france and french people still keep winning my auctions and i can't cancel the bids when they bid in the last seconds. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!peace, stein. . .

Comments

• edubedub 715 Posts
    stop writing in french - it only encourages them?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Same here then they get all pissed off and tell me I'm discriminating. Blah, blah, blah. Then they refuse to pay extra for registered. So I end up re-listing and filling a non paid item. What drama!!! So what they can't read now? WTF!

• The problem is Ebay's not set up where you can block a specific European country. France, UK, Germany, etc are all grouped together, so if you allow international shipping to Europe you wouldn't be able to just block the French bidders.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Why don't we finally put together a black list with the IDs of those fucks? In the last French Fraudster thread someone in the know said that this is only a handful of bidders so it should be possible to find out their various email aliases. If you have suspect activity by a new French alias, you just cancel the bid after the auction (that's possible, right?) and post the name in the black list thread.

I would seriously support this idea. I have sales boxes stacked up in my record room that need to go at some point and it's been all this paypal chargeback and feedback extortion business that's kept me off ebay so far.

I thought maybe I'd also charge extra high shipping just for France to pay for registered. The only ways that are accepted by Paypal as proof are Express or Fed Ex, and both are prohobitively expensive, right? How much exactly is that?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Fed Ex is upwards of $60

Express mail is $40.

Nowadays, you have to go registered or Express if you want to buy in France.

Unfortunately, the huge amount of bullshit in this one country is ruining it for the good bidders there.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    stop writing in french - it only encourages them?

LOL I think so.
    I did the same for Italy and I had crazy Italobidders that week!

• docfishdocfish 43 Posts
    The easiest way to start a black list would be to copy and paste your blocked bidder/buyer list on here. Everybody can copy and paste it into their blocked bidder list in myEbay and you get rid of the problem.

• The easiest way to start a black list would be to copy and paste your blocked bidder/buyer list on here. Everybody can copy and paste it into their blocked bidder list in myEbay and you get rid of the problem.

That's probably your best bet, luckily I haven't had many issues on the bay to complain of. I'm glad you haven't blocked the UK though

• There is a way to do it, I just can't figure it out completely.

When creating an auction, on the first page, look for this:

Then select "Change Buyer requirements" and you get:

From there you can select, "Are registered in countries to which I don't ship".

I just can't figure out how to select which countries.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    not to hijack, but someone just earned a spot on my blocked bidders list.

I mistakenly missed his request for insurance when he asked for an invoice. I just thought he didn't see the first invoice and sent him an identical second one. Dude replies:

HELLO THIS IS RICHIE CAN YOU READ THE E-MAILS. I WANT THIS RECORD INSURED INSURED. ADD $1.70 FOR INSURANCE TO THE PAYPAL SIGHT. I REPEAT FIX THE BILL ADD $1.70 FOR INSURANCE WANT THE RECORD TO BE INSURTED FIX IT CORRECTLY AND ILL PAY FOR THIS RECORD

So I'm offering to let the entire transaction die, I offer the 45 to 2nd highest bidder and we both walk away. I don't even want him to pay for it at all now.

So, really, I just wanted to gripe.