Oh shit another Bar-B-Que

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
So basically right now my man's in the back yard grilling up ribs.First day of Spring, and this is how we plan to get it in e'y weekend.So if you're in the ville right now, stop by in approx 30 minutes and grab a rib. I'm not even playing. It's not a game! I'm doing the dance that the cholos do.

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    damn... if I wasn't busy cooking up a big pot of Ragout A La Bollognese and had people over in two hours, I'd be over there like flies on shit.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Hey, like I said man... every weekend, weather permitting! I'm happily nursing a beer, listening to Reuben Wilson, basically chilling like the maniacal villain that I am.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    It's supposed to be like 15F here tonite. Why must I cry. Today was nice tho.

Oh it's cold here too. but F*ck that. Jeff's grilling in a Pea Coat! Hilarious.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Thought about doing a "ribs and records" or a "chicken wings and records" shop but decided against it (greasy fingers reasons).

DONT TOUCH THE BLOODY GROOVES

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Barricade a corridor between the 2 parts of the shop with wet naps. That'd work.

Tomorrow we're gonna do it again. Beer, burgers, dogs, and... uh, beer. Come through and holler.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    jonny!
    how much for a order of ribs, you got change for a hundred?

no form of meat but springtime in effect with an arnold palmer in check

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Can't make it out to NYC anytime soon, but next time you're in Silicon Valley we'll put some heat to meat for ya:

Halfway done

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    This thread needs more BBQ

3 meat plate. brisket, pork ribs, smoked chicken, pinto beans, onion rings

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    We just had a churrasco for a friend of a friend's birthday today with live samba. Doin' the same thing again tomorrow, minus the samba.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    jonny!
    how much for a order of ribs, you got change for a hundred?

How much just for 1 rib?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

where's the 3rd meat?

huh?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    one order of ribs!

one order!

no, no. i mean 1 rib.

8O

i rib?

1 rib.
    i sure am hongry. :g

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

where's the 3rd meat?
    huh?

The smoked chicken and pork ribs were piled on top of the brisket. You can see a small part of the brisket just between the chicken and the ribs.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Please to explain 'ribs' to a foreign mind.

What exactly do you need explained? Do you not know what ribs are?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

What exactly do you need explained?

What animal? How are they prepared/cooked?

Obviously I know what ribs are, but cooking a rack of ribs isn't something thats done over here. If you went into a butchers and asked for "ribs" they'd probably look confused, offer you a rib-eye or something.

Pork = Pig. Typically you get a rack of ribs then cover the ribs in a rub (mix of seasoning), then throw them on the grill, in a smoker, or under a broiler. You cook the entire rack then separate them after they are done by cutting between the rib bones with a knife.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

you lead a sad, unfulfilling life, my friend.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Thanks for your concern, but I aint no vegetarian.

I've eaten bbq style ribs many times, in several different countries, done in their own ways.
    But never in America. So I was interested in learning about cooking proper American bbq ribs. I should've just googled a recipe and avoided all the blahblahblah.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Tomorrow we're gonna do it again. Beer, burgers, dogs, and... uh, beer. Come through and holler.

what no bud? not even a spliff going around?

• next time you're in Silicon Valley we'll put some heat to meat for ya:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I dj'ed about 6-7 hours of an awesome barbeque yesterday. It was at my friends Bavu and Tiffany's house. My daughter had a blast playing with her friends. My ex helped me out by doing a couple of her own dj sets. And we ate barbeque chicken, turkey burgers, hot dogs, pork ribs, jerk chicken, jerk pork, dirty rice, etc. When it was getting dark some neighbors came over and requested that we keep playing music. I definitely got an Eddie Bo track in. Twas a great spring day and for many, the perfect close-out of SXSW/Spring Break.