Axelrod Show cancelled (why must we cry?)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
So yo - just got word the Timeless IV show w/ David Axelrod is being cancelled. There will be an official notice later today.I'll let that notice explain the reasons why but just to reassure folks, it's not because of any life-threatening health issue.Bummer though! They were gonna do this show up nice.

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Damn, and I was so so close to booking a plane ticket, etc.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    They were gonna do this show up nice.

Plaese to leave this part out. I'll be in LA that week.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Gyahh!! 3rd row centre seats, too.

Please to post up any info when it's definite, and what to do about ticket refunds etc.

Thanks.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    No doubt. This is all but absolutely official though. I'm sure they'll have refund info posted soon.

• No!!!

• Is this for real? I haven't seen it officially announced anywhere that this is cancelled...

Yeah, I don't know why this hasn't come down from high yet. Everyone I've spoken to - including the primary organizers - say it's cancelled but no one's made an official announcement. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that they might still be trying to salvage the show.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Yeah, I don't know why this hasn't come down from high yet. Everyone I've spoken to - including the primary organizers - say it's cancelled but no one's made an official announcement. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that they might still be trying to salvage the show.

I've been snooping around since your first post and found nothing as yet. Thanks for the continued updates.......

It's official now

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    It's official now

for real. At least Carlos & co. did three amazing concerts in the series!

• Damn, "unforeseen circumstances"! Can't we at least get a real reason? I guess it doesn't matter either way though.

Damn, "unforeseen circumstances"! Can't we at least get a real reason? I guess it doesn't matter either way though.

The unforeseen circumstances are that recent events make it impossible for Axelrod to participate. He had to pull out, ergo, they had to cancel the event. His reasons are legit but they're also personal, hence the generic reason given.