Does the Strut ride for Norm MacDonald?

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I think dude is hilarious.

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Hell Yeah! Tried to catch one of his shows at the SF Laugh Factory earlier this year, but they were all sold out.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    super major

• Dirty Work is a personal classique

• super major

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Norm is my hero.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    He's pretty much the only reason I watched the Bob Saget roast. His schtick was killing me.

He f*ckin' killed it as Weekend Update anchor, too.

• Those roasts are awesome. I'm catching Jeffrey Ross this month. Norm's roast of Saget, I don't I thought, it was awkward and more smart than actually funny.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I don't really get it (that roast clip). Is it funny because the jokes were bad?

I don't really get it (that roast clip). Is it funny because the jokes were bad?

Basically, yeah. And also because he was telling those really tame-ass jokes after a whole bunch of comedians tried to outdo each other with how gross/offensive they could be.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Oh... I guess I was missing the context then....

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Hell Yeah!

Oh... I guess I was missing the context then....

Yeah...that probably wasn't the best clip to post.

• He's pretty much the only reason I watched the Bob Saget roast. His schtick was killing me.

He f*ckin' killed it as Weekend Update anchor, too.
    Norm's my dude. That clip from the roast was hilarious. Classic Norm.

• I don't really get it (that roast clip). Is it funny because the jokes were bad?

Basically, yeah. And also because he was telling those really tame-ass jokes after a whole bunch of comedians tried to outdo each other with how gross/offensive they could be.

I thought it was a nod to all those corny jokes Saget did on America's funniest home videos.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

I thought it was a nod to all those corny jokes Saget did on America's funniest home videos.

In any case, it's more funny in the abstract. I was watching it like "this is humorous" but I wasn't laughing. meta-humor.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I thought norm killed it on that roast.
    He was making fun of the state of roasting and came with some mild humor
    I thought it was pretty funny.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Even though I didn't really get it I still found myself laughing, so I guess that is pretty genius I suppose.