Anyone else checking for iPhone software 3.0?

verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Cnet.com's got a live blog of Apple's press conference here. They haven't said when it's available yet. I'll probably wait and let fools crash their phones with it before I jump in and update. I'm excited to know if they're adding all the new features people have been speculating that they would.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I won't come out until summer. Nothing mind-blowing included, just some needed upgrades like cut n' paste and spotlight searching across apps.

Still no IM support. I know it's a $$$ thing for AT&T but seriously? Feels like bullshit there's no iChat for iPhone.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Interesting. I didn't read the whole article before posting earlier that the iPhone was going to use Meebo with push notifications for IM.

"Cut, copy, paste works across all applications." is all I wanted to hear though.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    the bigger question for me is:

WHERE DA FLASH SUPPORT AT, YO?

• You want it to make coffee too?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

"Cut, copy, paste works across all applications." is all I wanted to hear though.

Yeah, that's dope. I'm looking forward to the landscape keyboard for all apps.

MMS will be nice too. I'm pretty easy to please. These updates pretty much cover everything that was missing for me.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    the bigger question for me is:

WHERE DA FLASH SUPPORT AT, YO?

I'm sure that is a large legal licensing battle. Adobe isn't going to allow Apple to add it to the iPhone OS for free and Apple doesn't want to pay huge licensing fees on each phone.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    You want it to make coffee too?

no... that would be the Pomegranate