LA Beat Swapmeet coverage/ Civil Clothing

badnoozbearbadnoozbear 26 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I was wondering if anyone else has pictures from the event. You can check out our coverage of the event.

beatswap-meat

beatswapmeat-drummer

Getting down on the drums..

beatswap-meat-corn-bread

Ran into Dj Corn Bread..Crates AND Coffins.

beat-swap-meat-crewwww.civilclothing.com/blogBadnoozbearCivil Clothing

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I finally met mylatency, spidey and his homie Hugo, and chilled w/ francislai, meatyogre, Belson and various other folls. All really great dudes. Spidey & his singer did a few acoustic songs outside the Grand Star and it was pretty effing impressive. I'm a little miffed they went to the Verocai afterparty instead of meeting me at the Short Stop but I ain't mad.

I bought 3 records but hanging out with the Soulstrut family was much more fulfilling.

Well, that and the seemingly endless succession of hot Asian chicks collecting and/or DJing. Moark I was *this* close to hollering at that girl who bought the Eddie Kendricks. Damn

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I was there briefly... actually spent more time outside buying t-shirts than inside with the records. Wish I knew who you folls were so I could have kicked it too. Ran into KidGusto who gave me a copy of his new 12". Thanks homie!

I have a few pics that I'll post in a bit.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    I just went for a couple canned newcastles and to check out bartender gal rocking the no Cymande bra!

• To Soulmarcosa.
    Spidey and Hugo are the homies, what a small world? I wonder if I met you.. did you peep our booth.
    PS how did you like the Verocai show?

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Ran into KidGusto who gave me a copy of his new 12". Thanks homie!

whoa!

sorry for the late response duder. random we ran into eachother at the LA swap a few weeks back. good times indeed.

just got back from the motherland with a handful of 50's 60's and 70's persian private press 45's with some turkish heat as well.

in DC for a couple weeks b4 i bounce to europe for fun time dj super dance star USA, so to my DC peoples, HOLLER.

gustbacho.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    the seemingly endless succession of hot Asian chicks collecting

This is the truth and I am a fan, especially because most of those girls I've met are really pretty determined to be legitimately good DJs.

Do people actually have RAER at this show or is it only cheap stuff? Did they get the lighting issues worked out?