Just-Ice....

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Nah Touch Da Just 12", was this ever re-issued? If so, how does one tell?tanks.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Nah Touch Da Just 12", was this ever re-issued? If so, how does one tell?

tanks.

It's on Fresh?
    From what I can tell from other Just-Ice 12s is the label on og is slightly orangier-yellow and the re-ish is more lemony and the black print not so solid. Could be wrong - you can always compare it to anything in Fatbeats.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Nah Touch Da Just 12", was this ever re-issued? If so, how does one tell?

tanks.

It's on Fresh?
    From what I can tell from other Just-Ice 12s is the label on og is slightly orangier-yellow and the re-ish is more lemony and the black print not so solid. Could be wrong - you can always compare it to anything in Fatbeats.

Hey S****,

yeah, it's on Fresh, but it's a WHITE label, promo only. I picked it up at a yard/thrift sale a couple years back, and it seems legit as it has the top right corner punched out as well. My only doubt was that it was so minty. I was just curious cause I remember seeing some white label Fresh 12" promos a few years back, and we always wondered if they were legit or not. I got Nice & Smooth Funky For You on Fresh white label too...

anyone know anything about these? (as far as being OG vs resissue that is)

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i know that they paved the streets with them around here. so reissue or not, it dont really matter.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hah, I brought one with me on my eastside trip this week
    I'll check the label for you when I get to my hotel room

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    OK, does it have a pic sleeve? If so, the inside seam "foldover" bit on the re-ish will be longer than the og (about 1/2" vs 3/4") and the re-ish inside is pretty white.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    i know that they paved the streets with them around here. so reissue or not, it dont really matter.

Haha word. I've never seen a w/l reissue, I'd assume it's OG (for what it's worth - not a lot).

OK, does it have a pic sleeve? If so, the inside seam "foldover" bit on the re-ish will be longer than the og (about 1/2" vs 3/4") and the re-ish inside is pretty white.

Pic sleeve - check (and it's not a crappy blurred scan)
    foldover - around 1/2"

and I just noticed it has a price tag from Open Mind Music in San Fran, so I must have got this when I was at home for Xmas or something.

I'm thinking it's an OG....damn, dude has got the crazy gold fronts and YELLOW acid wash jeans...

RZA and Meth so bit his steez

Haha word. I've never seen a w/l reissue, I'd assume it's OG (for what it's worth - not a lot).

yeah, I figured that, cause they reissued it like crazy. It's just that I really dig it cause I was soooo into the Justizms LP - my bro got it for me for my B-day or Xmas when it came out.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    my promo copy on Fresh has a white label, promo cut in top right

with writing in the matrix:
    "Nah Touch Da Bag"
    and
    "Don't mess with Justicizms:

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    "Nah Touch Da Bag"

Good advice.

my promo copy on Fresh has a white label, promo cut in top right

with writing in the matrix:
    "Nah Touch Da Bag"
    and
    "Don't mess with Justicizms:

co-sign on all of this on mine as well...

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

Pic sleeve - check (and it's not a crappy blurred scan)
    foldover - around 1/2"

and I just noticed it has a price tag from Open Mind Music in San Fran, so I must have got this when I was at home for Xmas or something.

I'm thinking it's an OG....damn, dude has got the crazy gold fronts and YELLOW acid wash jeans...

RZA and Meth so bit his steez

Sir Vicious Just-Ice! Catched him back in 87 or 88 when he was touring Germany with T La Rock and DMX (the original human-beat box , not the MC). I had just started a fanzine with a friend of mine (who was a big reggae head) and we did an interview with him where he just talked reggae. That's also where he'sd got his fronts from...