playin the ebay game right

2»

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    This is pretty wild too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEACH-BOYS-PET-SOUND...1QQcmdZViewItem

The djude is unstoppable!

"How many still sealed original monos are there? No one knows for sure, but we would be massively surprised ??? shocked, really ??? to find out that more than 5-10 copies could be accounted for worldwide. This may be the last one to hit eBay in the next few years, if ever."

Crusty bearded rock dudes falling over themselves for this shit.
    Still, BB in mono was the way it was supposed to be heard.

• This is pretty wild too:

"How many still sealed original monos are there? No one knows for sure, but we would be massively surprised ??? shocked, really ??? to find out that more than 5-10 copies could be accounted for worldwide. This may be the last one to hit eBay in the next few years, if ever."

Crusty bearded rock dudes falling over themselves for this shit.
    Still, BB in mono was the way it was supposed to be heard.

I'm shocked that any collector serious enough to drop that kind of scratch on an LP could be so incredibly disconnected from the game. They're on Ebay but they don't know how to use Google???

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I've known Bob for years, and while it's hard not to be jealous of the $$$ he gets for some records, I gotta say the guy works hard for his money.

He's out there in NYC pretty much every day making the rounds to thrift stores and record stores, and the effort that it takes to put his listings together would make me ill. So would the hyperbole.

Sealed records are still out there. A couple years ago I bought a collection from a guy - he had about 30,000 records and I'd say 2/3 of them were still sealed. He obsessively bought records until his stereo was physically inaccessible and he still kept buying 'em.

He finally sold when threatened with eviction for hoarding. Among the Djukes I was able to pull off was $200 for sealed Best of the Eagles.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I was able to pull off was $200 for sealed Best of the Eagles.

That said, I've never seen a sealed copy now that I think about it.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    ^ ^

hmmm. i have a record on ebay i consigned with Bob D right now actually, oddly enough. i chose to do so because it is the most valuable record that i own and i wanted to sell it and his ass is gonna sell it for top$. even with 1 day left the amount of 'looks' on the counter says it all.
    he wrote a f*cking novel about it actually in the listing. dudes ebay game is on fire with that shit and i don't have the patience and no one else could sell it like he will. ebay warrior. that's it.

^ ^

hmmm. i have a record on ebay i consigned with Bob D right now actually, oddly enough. i chose to do so because it is the most valuable record that i own and i wanted to sell it and his ass is gonna sell it for top$. even with 1 day left the amount of 'looks' on the counter says it all.
    he wrote a f*cking novel about it actually in the listing. dudes ebay game is on fire with that shit and i don't have the patience and no one else could sell it like he will. ebay warrior. that's it.

What is his consignment % if I may ask?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I was able to pull off was $200 for sealed Best of the Eagles.

That said, I've never seen a sealed copy now that I think about it.

I have another if you're interested - Soul Strut discount of course!

I offer $2. That's a 200% mark-up from what the album usually gets!

^ ^

What is his consignment % if I may ask?

i don't really wanna blow up his spot like that here because i am sure he has different arrangements with different people, but suffice it to say he is very fair, i.e. he isn't even taking a % at all IF it doesn't reach a certain $ amount which he offered and we agreed upon. and if it sells above that $ amount his % is very low, very fair imo.

Proper!

Proper!

yeah yeah no doubt. he knows what the F*ck he is doing and i know people have their opinions of him and i have heard tales of his wrath and temper but never seen it myself. i know he does a lot of favors and freebies for people in the record community too. i would sell it myself but i'm too busy and this record is a Bob D situation. no one can test!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo he wrote a college thesis for that record!!!
    i got my snipe set

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This is pretty wild too:

haha! the top one is ANOTHER Djukic action.

• Just realized the Purple Image I was watching was a bobdjukic listing. Guess I can forget about bidding on that.