Got records from uncle, throw away these doubles?

2»

Comments

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    i really dont understand why you felt the need to type them all out in a spreadsheet

eBay set sale!

He should make sure to include "World's Greatest Record Collection!" on there to get the extra hits!

Try to get a million dollars for all of them. Making a video with Bono sunglasses where you cry a single tear at the end always helps.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Give them to some young cat thats just getting into the digging game...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Give them to some young cat thats just getting into the digging game...

Reynaldo already said he doesn't want them.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'll take 'em--there's still much profit to be extracted! Everything is valuable for something, even if just for the heat it provides when burned.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Jacksons Live (signed by Michael Jackson)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    CR8DGRS
    http://www.greencr8.com/

"greenCR8 is an environmental project run by CrateDiggers. We recycle vinyl records in a non-hazardous waste-management process."

Thursday, March 5, 2009
    Moving Forward
    Since starting this campaign I have received a wide variety of feedback from individuals. Everything from: "Mook, your doing it wrong." - to - "This is the greatest idea ever."

• i really dont understand why you felt the need to type them all out in a spreadsheet

I am typing out every record in the collection, because I am keeping them and want to put them in order. This makes it easier to put them on shelves and keep track of the records. They were all mixed up in boxes, so typing them out in a spread sheet keeps the exact location (to get rid of doubles) and helps later with putting them in order. Right now I have the spread sheet according to crate, but can switch to alphabetical order, and sort the records onto the my shelves like this. I want to make sure I keep only 1 of each in the collection, that's it.

Is that really unusual to type out your collection? How do you guys keep track of your records? (serious question)

The only thing I am giving up to goodwill, is the doubles, which I posted here. My original post probably wasn't clear, but there are not 2000 more doubles, just 2000 more records I have to go through/type into the spreadsheet (in doing so, I will probably find doubles/triples of things I already have on a spreadsheet).

• One last dumb question for anyone still checking out this post.

If alot of the doubles are promo copies, which one should I keep?

Later when I play the record, will the demo be the same quality?

Sorry about the stupid questions, I just want the version that plays better. Thanks.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    play them both and decide for yourself. sometimes they are the same, sometimes different. no records on your list were valuable, so i wouldnt worry about that aspect.

i alphabetize by genre. its not that hard to alphabitize without a computer...it still seems like an extra step. if i was given the wretched task of alphabetizing your particular records, i would make 20+ piles, one for each letter (x,y,z can go together, so can p & q), get high with friends, and just sort em out. then you can stick em on the shelf with dividers and at your leisure alphabetize each letter (much more manageable).if you kow your abcs, your doubles will all magically appear next to each other!

dont ask me why i typed that all out....but im kinda into the whole organizing aspect. spreadsheet still seems absolutely worthless, imo.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    you make a spread sheet if you got some valuable joints and you want to be able to itemize them for insurance purposes.

dollar bin fodder can be dope, but should be treated accordingly.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    get high with friends....

I wouldn't get too high though or else it takes for ever, especially if your mates keep stopping every 5 min to say 'hey whats this one sound like? any good? let me hear it?"

Now the big question is. Do you alphabetise by First name or Last name?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Now the big question is. Do you alphabetise by First name or Last name?

The idea of going by first name is frightening to me - its like having no order, but instead its a bizzaro-world idea of what order is.

But now I see the list above is actually by first name.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Bruce Willis The return of Bruno

Unchuckable

edith head might want to holler at this

RESPECT YOSELF!