metro pcs, cricket, any good?

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
these stores are multiplying by the day in philly. what is the deal? the concept seems to be that while they offer a great deal in unlimited talk/text for about $40-$50 a month, their coverage is limited to specific cities. my understanding is that they lease cell phone towers and, unlike a verizon or at&t, do not have leases outside of major areas. it seems like a great deal, so long as you don't travel? anyone have personal experience....my verizon bill is not recession affected and metro pcs now has blackberrys.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Pretty sure the PCS service here does not have free long distance calling, might wanna check into that with yours.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Yeah, they're only giving coverage in big cities. We have it in New York, and I know they have it in South Florida. Tmobile has some pretty good rates right now too. Around 75 a month for unlimited web, email, text, and weekends with something like 650 minutes.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Cricket was okay when I had them.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I had metro pcs in the past, they are fine, no problems, I guess they will put any CDMA phone on there network for like 30 bucks.

the current urban legend is that metro pcs is owned by the police and they use the phones to listen to people and track there locations.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    these stores are multiplying by the day in philly. what is the deal? the concept seems to be that while they offer a great deal in unlimited talk/text for about $40-$50 a month, their coverage is limited to specific cities. my understanding is that they lease cell phone towers and, unlike a verizon or at&t, do not have leases outside of major areas.

it seems like a great deal, so long as you don't travel? anyone have personal experience....my verizon bill is not recession affected and metro pcs now has blackberrys.

I used Metro years ago in the Bay Area. It was horrible. Limited service and text messaging NEVER worked. I would not recommend it.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    b/w (Euro)