Madoff

13»

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

These scams exploit the trust and friendship that exist in groups of people who have something in common.

So beware of "strutters" who tell they'll take your vinyl and sell it for you for crazy loot.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    A 401(k) is not a basket. It's just a savings plan - how you choose to invest the money in that account is a different story. If all your 401k is on ONE single stock or mutual fund, you're not diversifying.

Were Madoff's clients believing that their money was also being invested in the same way? Serious question.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    considering he's been wearing a bulletproof vest, I think it's fair to say the dude is shook to no end: pleading guilty keeps him protected a little longer (chris brown-R)

and how come nobody wants proof of my dad's separated-at-birthness with madoff?
    pretty weak.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

These scams exploit the trust and friendship that exist in groups of people who have something in common.

So beware of "strutters" who tell they'll take your vinyl and sell it for you for crazy loot.

Word.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    considering he's been wearing a bulletproof vest, I think it's fair to say the dude is shook to no end: pleading guilty keeps him protected a little longer (chris brown-R)

and how come nobody wants proof of my dad's separated-at-birthness with madoff?
    pretty weak.

Post a picture of your dad or it never happened.

How come no one wants to know why Laura has to be on top?

I think because everyone knows. That joke (at least the generic Republican variety) is so old it can vote!

• How come no one wants to know why Laura has to be on top?

I think because everyone knows. That joke (at least the generic Republican variety) is so old it can vote!

Would be new to me...

I dunno... why DOES Laura have to be on top?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Some of the comments in this thread are mindbogglingly ignorant.

Would be new to me...

Because George can only F*ck up.

I thought it was funny.

I'm no expert.
    Please enlighten me.

• Point taken but again - there's a difference - semantic but important - between him STEALING $20 B (or whatever) and LOSING $20 B. I'd be curious to know how much he stole (i.e. directly profited from).

Would be new to me...

Because George can only F*ck up.

I thought it was funny.

I didn't say it wasn't funny. It's just been around a while.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

Post a picture of your dad or it never happened.

thanks! damn.

here's an action shot:

madoff's got better clothes, sure, but my pops is running free!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

It would encourage vegetable gardening,

So in the end, it all evens out!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

I can't find the article right now, but search for it, really well written.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I have to say, dude is pretty gangsta[/b] for pleading guilty straight up to all counts with no deal.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    well, supposedly that keeps heat off his sons? but they are still being investigated.

i dont understand how he kept forging tons of paperwork for his investors and didnt get caught. he must have had a slew of people working for him forging that shit. no one said shit?

and where did the money disappear to? wasnt it gaining interest somewhere? wouldnt he have to report that interest every year? wouldnt that raise eyebrows?

SEC is the goat (not g.o.a.t.) in this whole mess

NPR stated that $14 billion was taken in and people thought they had $50 bill. but they had to pay taxes on their fake earnings. one woman was saying "the IRS is the big winner in this whole mess"

• and where did the money disappear to?

The way a pyramid scheme works is to flip new money to earlier investors and skim off.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ok right, so the bank accounts never get red flag crazy

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Dude traded on the long-held STRIKE> Jewish /STRIKE> desire within any identifiable ethnic group[/b] to keep money "in the family" and deal with other members of that ethnic group[/b] .

• LapurLapur 60 Posts
    I say we stomp him...YEAH!!!

Then we tattoo him...YEAH!!!

and then we hang him...YEAH!!!

and then we kill him...YEAH!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

It would encourage vegetable gardening,

So in the end, it all evens out!

Damn you Banjo Man, you made my morning beverage come out of my nose on this one.

• http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/business/18madoff.html

Does this mean any victim of financial fraud gets a tax break?