Crazy Eddie Movie

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
about Crazy Eddie!Danny Devito directing it...YES!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The legendary spokesman wasnt "Crazy Eddie".

Crazy Eddie was the cartoony icon.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    well the guys name is Eddie Antar that founded the store. its bout him. and he was crazy wasnt he?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The legendary spokesman wasnt "Crazy Eddie".

Crazy Eddie was the cartoony icon.

"What's The Story, Jerry?"

well the guys name is Eddie Antar that founded the store. its bout him. and he was crazy wasnt he?

I stand corrected.

There was a bugged out cartoon face that was on there bags back in the day.

I always thought Eddie was the image and the announcement dude was just representing the company.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Nobody beats the Wiz.

• Nobody beats the Wiz.

• Options

He used to find out which warehouses the auditors were going to be visiting to check on his inventories, then have trucks bring in mostly empty boxes from other warehouses to make it look like he had all this product to sell. It was one big shell game.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

I stand corrected.

There was a bugged out cartoon face that was on there bags back in the day.

I always thought Eddie was the image and the announcement dude was just representing the company.

Damn, look at those woodgrained plastic air conditioners. We grew up with some fugly shit in our houses.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    He would pull insurance scams. Say a pipe broke and flooded his warehouse. That's when the claims adjusters would come see the damage and yes he would have like 100 boxes of a tv or fridge and there would really only be like 5 total and the rest of the boxes were empty. So he would claim he lost all this money while the meantime just selling the actual stuff slightly over cost. I think he fled the country to Brazil and got tons of plastic surgery to avoid the feds that were after him but eventually got caught up.

• He would pull insurance scams. Say a pipe broke and flooded his warehouse. That's when the claims adjusters would come see the damage and yes he would have like 100 boxes of a tv or fridge and there would really only be like 5 total and the rest of the boxes were empty. So he would claim he lost all this money while the meantime just selling the actual stuff slightly over cost. I think he fled the country to Brazil and got tons of plastic surgery to avoid the feds that were after him but eventually got caught up.

Actually he fled about 30 miles. He was hiding out in Deal, NJ for most of the time (right by Asbury Park). There's a big community of Syrian jews. He was with members of his family.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    YOU MUST DEAL, NJ

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I thought this was gonna be a horror movie with an iron maiden soundtrack

• He would pull insurance scams. Say a pipe broke and flooded his warehouse. That's when the claims adjusters would come see the damage and yes he would have like 100 boxes of a tv or fridge and there would really only be like 5 total and the rest of the boxes were empty. So he would claim he lost all this money while the meantime just selling the actual stuff slightly over cost. I think he fled the country to Brazil and got tons of plastic surgery to avoid the feds that were after him but eventually got caught up.

He owned a beautiful oldschool silver diner near my crib that conveniently had a "gas pipe explosion" in the kitchen right around the time that things went south for him.

There used to be one on Fordham Road back in the day.

Their prices werent all that, but u could haggle.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Jerry Carroll was the guy in the commercials.