London meet

2»

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    ..I hit the alcohol hard last night while watching the-match-that-will-never-be-talked-about-again so am not feeling the hottest today. Certainly won't stop me drinking but just dropping fair warning that when you see someone walking around in a crumpled suit with the hungover skin pallor of Gordon Brown on a bad day, that'll be me.

I know that feeling.

Had a real shitty day at work yesterday after being told I could no longer have the days off. You know when the afternoon seems to last an eternity and you spend the whole time telling your boss what a incompetent prick he is (in your head of coarse). Pub straight after work seemed like the only solution, by the time it got to kick-off I was just boisterous enough to demand we watch the Arsenal game, and not the Manure folls on the other side. Now I'm feeling a little fragile. And I'll be fuct if I'll get any work done. I bought Record Collector for the first time today, and have spent a productive morning reading about Rocksteady Lps, and the history of Ultravox.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I hope you guys have a good night, and Audrey, I hope you enjoy your brief visit to London, and the rest of your European tour.

-

In other news

-

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Come along MOke.

You know you want to.

Come on son

just stay til 8. Go on.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    ..I hit the alcohol hard last night while watching the-match-that-will-never-be-talked-about-again so am not feeling the hottest today. Certainly won't stop me drinking but just dropping fair warning that when you see someone walking around in a crumpled suit with the hungover skin pallor of Gordon Brown on a bad day, that'll be me.

I know that feeling.

Had a real shitty day at work yesterday after being told I could no longer have the days off. You know when the afternoon seems to last an eternity and you spend the whole time telling your boss what a incompetent prick he is (in your head of coarse). Pub straight after work seemed like the only solution, by the time it got to kick-off I was just boisterous enough to demand we watch the Arsenal game, and not the Manure folls on the other side. Now I'm feeling a little fragile. And I'll be fuct if I'll get any work done. I bought Record Collector for the first time today, and have spent a productive morning reading about Rocksteady Lps, and the history of Ultravox.

There's really nothing more soul destroying at work than having your holiday snatched away from you. It's like in those prison break movies where some poor sod has slowly cell trained a rat/mouse for months and months to be their little friend and ray of sunshine only to wake up one morning and find out the thug three cells down has stamped on it's neck and left it lifeless in the yard.

Sounds like you need a hair of the dog to me Mr M0ke.

B/w - history of Ultravox - any tales of Midge we should be aware of?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Come along MOke.

You know you want to.

Come on son

just stay til 8. Go on.

It would take me nearly 3 hours to get there, I don't think I'd be turning up till 8!

I think I'm going to just have to be lame, and save my moneys for the bank holiday carboots.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    B/w - history of Ultravox - any tales of Midge we should be aware of?

The ! in Ultravox! is a homage to Neu!

Midge turned down an offer from McLaren to be in the Sex Pistols.

Not really 'tales' I know, but this is Record Collector we're talking about.

Midge Ure played as lead guitarist on tour with Thin Lizzy when Gary Moore left the band in a huff BITD. He also played guitar on their 'Continuing Saga of the Ageing Orphan' LP IIRC. Talented dude.
    Anyone remember Slik?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Umm, off-topic, but what's the nearest tube stop?

There you go, More MidgeFacts than I can shake a stick at. The power of the Strut.

Duderonomy, nearest underground is Liverpool St. The bar's just up the steps at the back. It's located on the first floor which gives a pretty view of the ice rink but is a bane for those with a nicotine habit.....

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    It's looking like I'll be able to drag myself along to this now... Can I get a PM?

Chizzle

PMd

Great, numbers have built nicely

Thanks all who came along, excellent night.

Chizzle, Duderonomy, Senior
    hope you all got home OK

Audrey texted this morning, all good there

Between us we caned 45 bottles of Kirin

This morning I am WRECKED

Ha ha cheers for a good night everyone and thanks S**** for the tab as well. Recession? Pfft.

Made an executive decision while stuck on a train at 1am this morning that now, more than ever, was the time to "work from home".

Kinda glad I did now as ain't feeling the hottest by a long way.

So when are those champagne swilling frenchman going to join the board and school us on Serge's birth date and other knowledge?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Yep, was a good time. Cheers again Skel for getting us together.

I think those french guys were berated adequately regarding their postal service.

You didn't go on to Fabric then Skel? Muchos gracios for the beers. My head hurts.

I didn't realise how drunk I was until I got to work this morning. That was really cool, and it was great to meet all of you - will be down for the next one too... need coffee
    and a nap

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Fun times! thank you Skel for organizing this. It was a pleasure to meet you all. I really love London to pieces, wish I had known earlier to stay here longer than Paris.

Glad everyone enjoyed and got along.

I've had a serious breakfast this morning.

I've had a serious breakfast this morning.

How dare you allude to such a thing! Too much info when I'm feeling this fragile.

In other news

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/GlenQuagmyre/simngarf.gif

I liked his explanation for the undependability (god my brain isn't working today) of French ebayers though, something like

"Well, you in England, like to do things by the rules... in France, that isn't such a high priority"

So that's that then.

Ha ha by that time I was making a hasty exit from what looked like being a real life version of a ten pager.

Hope you enjoy Camden and the rest of London you get to see A*****.

Did someone mention Italian Funk?

Yeah, saving that for a day when I can walk ten yards without feeling nauseous