Seun Kuti

the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Just checked him and Eygpt 80 out tonight I know they have a record out, any one heard it, does it stand up to the live show?

Comments

• i havent seen him live, but the album many things is a must cop, sounds more like fela than femi does but at the same time his sounds are refreshing and different.

• fire dance!

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    i havent seen him live, but the album many things is a must cop

Just grabbed that record as a precursor to checking him out next weekend... he's playing straight after us at Womad in NZ. Can't wait - one my mates has seen him before and says it's off the hook.

Feelin that record... very Fela (obvioulsly) but, as you say, he has his own flava... and the band is HOT.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i havent seen him live, but the album many things is a must cop

Just grabbed that record as a precursor to checking him out next weekend... he's playing straight after us at Womad in NZ. Can't wait - one my mates has seen him before and says it's off the hook.

Feelin that record... very Fela (obvioulsly) but, as you say, he has his own flava... and the band is HOT.

will have to check the record out, still absolutely amazed at the live show, quite possibly one of the best live shows i have evur seen

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    YES, it's a crazy show....I saw him last summer at the Ottawa Blues Fest. He's got it together, that's for sure.... he was playing with members of his dad' Afrika 70's band as well as others. I've been wary to pick up his CD, just cuz the show was such a scorcher, I'm curious as well though.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I'm curious as well.

• sounds like his live show is but everyone said the same about fela and yet all his albums are