Baseball

2»

Comments

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

the MUHFUCKING A's.

the team that never could, champions of the coulda-shoulda-woulda league.

• Options

Can't wait to see how much we give up to get Soriano by the end of the week. Last Friday was Merengue Night, all over the stadium

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

the MUHFUCKING A's.

the team that never could, champions of the coulda-shoulda-woulda league.

Come on bruh... gotta come back better than that! The A's have more championships in the last 40 years than the Sox have in the last 80 (86, to be exact).

Edit:

And let me add to that, Boston's a bigger market with more $$$ for quality players... There's really no excuse why yall suck so bad other than... well, it's Boston.

LOVE YOU GUYSES THOUGH! always a great match-up for the A's or surrogate Yankees.

• jaybreeziejaybreezie 161 Posts

i have been glued to every a's game since the all star break via tv and radio. they killed on the last road trip and last nite the indians' pitching staff got shelled. wtf chavez with 2 HRs. get outta here!!

hell yeah. i've even been listening to the games on my portable radio while chilling with my friends. they think i'm a dork, but i can't stay away.

I don't have cable so if they're not on 36, I'm listening to this man.

I love Bill King dearly. I'm glad his foot is doing better since he made it down to Anaheim last week. Here's an even better pic from his Warriors days....

the handlebar mustache is always flavorful. what's up with that apparell? Did I mention he doesn't wear shoes during the broadcast?

Korach is great too.

I can't think of two people I'd rather listen to call a game or just hang out and drink a beer with. those guys are into good music too!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Come on bruh... gotta come back better than that! The A's have more championships in the last 40 years than the Sox have in the last 80 (86, to be exact).
    hey, i love the 72-75 A's... catfish, reggie, bando, vida blue, blue moon, gene tenance, rollie fingers... seriously, one of the coolest teams ever... but, those days (and the steroid monkey late 80's A's) are long gone...

Edit:
    And let me add to that, Boston's a bigger market with more $$$ for quality players... There's really no excuse why yall suck so bad other than... well, it's Boston.
    we're in first place, homey...

LOVE YOU GUYSES THOUGH! always a great match-up for the A's or surrogate Yankees.

and maybe someday you guys will win one of those matches... (i just spent 5 minutes trying to find the infamous Derrick Lowe "Suck it" picture from 2 years ago).

like i said, the A's are like the Braves, it's good they're around because someone has to be the losing team in the playoffs EVERY SINGLE YEAR...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

like i said, the A's are like the Braves, it's good they're around because someone has to be the losing team in the playoffs EVERY SINGLE YEAR...

Well, at least until the Sox reclaim their rightful spot...

We won't even get into basketball. Being a Warriors/Knicks fan is damn hard...

• jaybreeziejaybreezie 161 Posts
    PLAY OF THE YEAR

Kendall is Who's going to get his 5 o'clock shadow havin bobblehead sunday?

i'm going

that play was probably the best i've seen since their squeeze bunt against boston a few years ago.

hell yeah! risking spikes to the face to end that shit was such a good look to all the young and impressionables on this squad. i'm knockin on wood they can keep this pace up.

Yeah i fear saturday night drunkeness might prevent me getting there early enough for a bobblehead sunday. otherwise i'd be there in a second. root beer floats and $2 tickets tomorrow look more up my alley!

I don't watch tv. Anyone have a video link?

I've looked all over and can't find one. That game didn't get broadcast in the Bay Area (wtf!!???) I was actually in Amoeba in Berkeley Friday evening with the headphones on listening when it went down. Here's the scene: A's and Rangers are in a typical shoot out in Arlington in sweltering ass 95 degree exhausting ass fuck horrible draining conditions. The Rangers score 2 in the ninth to make it 11-10. They have the tying run on second with nobody out and it's looking like it'll go extra innings. Duchscherer is in because Street has pitched in 5 of the last 6 games. Anyway he gets the next two guys up to ground out (advancing Young to third) and a strikeout making it two outs and the tying run still out there. the counts 2-2 and Duchscherer bounces a cut fastball that Kendall gets a piece of but it bounces up in the air and 10 or 12 feet from the plate. Kendall runs out to get it, then rushes back to the plate and dives face first to tag out Young by an eye lash and end the game. Walk-off-wild-pitch-play at-the-plate-gashed-forearm raer!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    PLAY OF THE YEAR

Kendall is Who's going to get his 5 o'clock shadow havin bobblehead sunday?

i'm going

that play was probably the best i've seen since their squeeze bunt against boston a few years ago.

hell yeah! risking spikes to the face to end that shit was such a good look to all the young and impressionables on this squad. i'm knockin on wood they can keep this pace up.

Yeah i fear saturday night drunkeness might prevent me getting there early enough for a bobblehead sunday. otherwise i'd be there in a second. root beer floats and $2 tickets tomorrow look more up my alley!

I don't watch tv. Anyone have a video link?

I've looked all over and can't find one. That game didn't get broadcast in the Bay Area (wtf!!???) I was actually in Amoeba in Berkeley Friday evening with the headphones on listening when it went down. Here's the scene: A's and Rangers are in a typical shoot out in Arlington in sweltering ass 95 degree exhausting ass fuck horrible draining conditions. The Rangers score 2 in the ninth to make it 11-10. They have the tying run on second with nobody out and it's looking like it'll go extra innings. Duchscherer is in because Street has pitched in 5 of the last 6 games. Anyway he gets the next two guys up to ground out (advancing Young to third) and a strikeout making it two outs and the tying run still out there. the counts 2-2 and Duchscherer bounces a cut fastball that Kendall gets a piece of but it bounces up in the air and 10 or 12 feet from the plate. Kendall runs out to get it, then rushes back to the plate and dives face first to tag out Young by an eye lash and end the game. Walk-off-wild-pitch-play at-the-plate-gashed-forearm raer!

you should be an announcer breezie.

i was out of town that night so i couldn't watch the game and searched relentlessly for it on the a's website and espn.com to no avail. finally saw it on espn's top plays of the week and i was like

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Gotta rep the Normandy Park Royals where I met magical jackson way back in 4th grade. And also the Seattle Pilots.

Nowadays I must admit I'm more of a basketball fan but I just watched the Ken Burns baseball dvd of 1960- 1970. Shit was

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

FUCK JEAH!!!!!

One of my all-time favorite Sox memories is of hanging out in the bleachers WAY early for an afternoon game, and watching Dewey throw strikes to home plate from the warning track in right for like 20 minutes. It was the sickest fucking thing I have ever seen in baseball. And I could swear that was the same game I was at where he clapped three against the Rangers. When that third one hit the screen, it was pandemonium in the Park.

Yankees owned the game late 40's & 50's. Sox should have won in the late 70's, that is the truly disgraceful era, because they had the best team in baseball and the Yanks would beat them with inferior players. Not that the Yanks sucked, it's just that the Sox teams of 75-79 were an insane team, and deserved better. The A's of the early 70's were ill, that cannot be fronted on. Fighting over baseball is gay, cause the whole thing rules. Fuk a Yankee anyway, just for old time's sake.

--- Word, 1000 posts - mad love to Dewey Evans, Fred Lynn, Roberto Clemente, the brothers DiMaggio and Team Soul Strut!

• Here is my hometown hero, Shoeless Joe Jackson(w/ another guy you might recognize!)

check out blackbetsy.com

• Here is my hometown hero, Shoeless Joe Jackson(w/ another guy you might recognize!)

check out blackbetsy.com

and I forgot to add that Shoeless Joe was the best hitter and possibly the best player to ever play the game. yeah, I said it.

"Jackson is the best hitter baseball has ever seen"-Babe Ruth

"Jackson is the best left fielder of all time" -Ty Cobb

"Jackson is the greatest hitter he ever saw"-Roger Hornsby

if only Jackson could have had a full career in the MLB.

• Options
    any Boston fans happen to see Clement get hit in the head by a line drive tonight? Taken off the field ona stretcher, immobile for 5 minutes..sounds like some scary business for the kid.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Break out your haterade, y'all...

Going to see them play on Thursday, what better way to spend a Thursday afternoon than catching a game and strolling through here:

• Options

Still waiting for a year like '93 when they won the NL East.

And lost the series.

K.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Break out your haterade, y'all...

Going to see them play on Thursday, what better way to spend a Thursday afternoon than catching a game and strolling through here:

I wipe my ass with the Yankees like toilet tissue.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    man i jinxed the A's tonight. oh well, 2 more months of baseball to go

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Still waiting for a year like '93 when they won the NL East.

And lost the series.

K.
    Fucking Mitch Williams. Fucking Joe Carter. Fucking Canucks!! just playing (about the Canucks part).

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts

Fuk Ed Armbrister, tho. (& fuk Larry Barnett for not calling interference on that play in the 75 Series.)
    Jeezy, I'm old.

Go Sawx!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    any Boston fans happen to see Clement get hit in the head by a line drive tonight? Taken off the field ona stretcher, immobile for 5 minutes..sounds like some scary business for the kid.

i saw the clip of that on the news this morning. scary shit