How To Rob An Industry Hipster.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
There's a few couple laughs in here.My favorite:...and Talib Kweli, the only one that got me'Cause when I copped your album, homie you robbed me!

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

• I heard that Mickey Facktz was going to do an S.F. show and I was like "okay, I might be down to check it out" then I heard it's at this party called "Loaded". Which from what folks tell me is what the Tunnel was to rap folks in the 90's.

I'll definitely pass and Big City is accurate on dude. *PAUSE*

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Classic.... Now I got an anthem for my hipster hating!

• it's at this party called "Loaded". Which from what folks tell me is what the Tunnel was to rap folks in the 90's.

I

What does this mean?

• it's at this party called "Loaded". Which from what folks tell me is what the Tunnel was to rap folks in the 90's.

I

What does this mean?

Yeah I was struggling for an apt analogy. The Tunnel was THE spot if you where into hip-hop in NYC, correct, a mecca? That's what loaded is......... but just f*cking shitty full of dumb rich kids that want to have their own little playground.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Ah OK. I was, also, totally confused by that comparison.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    that analogy totally makes sense now

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    The first time I went to New York one of my friends made a reference to the "Bridge and Tunnel crowd." My midwestern, not-knowin' ass thought she was talking about clubs. I thought, "I've never heard of the Bridge, but I kinda know about the Tunnel." I said "You mean like the hip-hop club?" All the New Yorkers had a laugh about that one.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    the "industry" part is confusing me...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I heard that Mickey Facktz was going to do an S.F. show and I was like "okay, I might be down to check it out" then I heard it's at this party called "Loaded". Which from what folks tell me is what the Tunnel was to rap folks in the 90's.

I'll definitely pass and Big City is accurate on dude. *PAUSE*

that loaded party is whatever, it's the rickshaw you already know what you're getting into. I've only been once when Egyptian Lover was there. It was cool it's a lot of young kids trying to party which is fine but amateurs in full effect

well yeah but...

it seems only a place-saver, or as a way to let everyone know this is the song title he's referencing...

if I were consulted, I'd've cautioned against it.

...the whole thing

LOL

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ^^^post is like when u see somebody trip & they try to play it off like nothing happened

• the "industry" part is confusing me...

well yeah but...

it seems only a place-saver, or as a way to let everyone know this is the song title he's referencing...

if I were consulted, I'd've cautioned against it.

...the whole thing

LOL

not even...

it's like some backwards thing where he decided that he wanted to make a song with that title; went from there... but it doesn't make any sense... It's the "Industry" of 50's song that's the descriptive part, whereas this dude's just talking about "hipsters." I don't see it, still. It's awkward.

• Such a literalist!

not even...

it's like some backwards thing where he decided that he wanted to make a song with that title; went from there... but it doesn't make any sense... It's the "Industry" of 50's song that's the descriptive part, whereas this dude's just talking about "hipsters." I don't see it, still. It's awkward.

... except that they're in the recording industry[/b].

i'm still not comfortable

is he not in the industry?

I need to be comfortable...

English motherfucker do you speak it

I don't think I'm going to win this one, huh...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I logged in from the airport just to say WHAT THE FUCK??

true