Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (NRR)

2»

Comments

• NOT

• My god this was painful to watch. We keep wanting to give it a chance, but it's baad. There are mad awkward moments and Fallon's timing is all off. That coupled with the unfunny, randomly slapped together skits is all bad.

The Roots sound good but it's kind of like their just off to the side which is disappointing, especially in light of their talent.

Tina Fey was good and kept things moving. Santogold was dope! (He kept calling her santi gold...which i know is her first name...but geez!)

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Santogold was dope! (He kept calling her santi gold...which i know is her first name...but geez!)

i think he's correct in calling her "Santigold." From what I understand there was another band that previously had the rights to the name "Santogold" so she had to change to "Santigold."

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I still can't get past watching the Roots as the house band. So weird.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    WOW

Painfully unfunny

All Jimmy Fallon apologists must get BAN immediately

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I'm not a BIG BIG Jimmy Fallon fan, really didn't watch SNL with him (shit, really didn't watch SNL for years until last year), but I like some of the movie's he's been in.

With that said, I think the show has been good. Is it a complete failure, no. The second show was far better than the first, and as the week went on things went better. He's testing the waters, everyone is testing things to see what's good, what's not. On Friday night when he had the reality show moment, that was boring to me. It feels different though, and in a good way, so I look forward to seeing what will stick.

I do like the fact that The Roots are trying to be tricky with the music they play for each guest, something they recently had permission to do (I think at one point, ?uest said something to the effect that they weren't sure if that would happen but NBC was able to clear that at the last minute.) Donald Trump had "C.R.E.A.M.", Cameron Diaz had "You Sexy Thing", Robert DeNiro had "Angela (Theme From Taxi)", Tina Fey had "Brickhouse", and Serena Williams had "Da Butt".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    BAN

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    BAN