FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    How are the Roots?

• i haven;t seen it but this write up was both funny and dead on:

http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Jimmy_Fallon

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    it's hard to think of anyone i'd like to see interview people less than this giggling bozo...

sadly, i think he'll be around for a while... NBC will not forget how long conan took to catch on and so we are guarenteed at least 2 years of this zero...

• Is it somewhere around the comedic genius of The Chevy Chase Show?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Jimmy Fallon followed by Carson Daily. A combo only the gods could dream of.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    You dudes are too harsh. Fallon was visibly nervous but some of his jokes were funny. The Slow Jam News bit killed it. The Roots killed it. He was lucky to have good guests like DeNiro and Timberlake. Once he loosens up and finds his comfort zone, he'll do fine. At least he's trying to make an effort to be relevant with the youth (Van Morrison aside) so that's a good thing.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

So the Roots are gonna be back on the road again soon, then?

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    I changed the channel during the part where he was having audience members lick inanimate objects. Not feelin' it. I mean, the Roots aren't even the Roots, it's questlove, tariq and some other dudes. Granted, I'm not up on my current roots line up but I didn't see leonard hubbard? Anyway, Fallon's got huge shoes to fill and he'e got a lot of work to do. I never really found him that funny to begin with so it will take a lot to win me over.

The one thing he's got going for him is he's right next to Carson Daly, anyone looks funny against that moron - I can't believe he's still on the air. My theory about that is that people would fall asleep during conan and the TV would just run till the morning or when they eventually woke up to turn it off - after CD's lame show - hence his acceptable ratings.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I mean, the Roots aren't even the Roots, it's questlove, tariq and some other dudes. Granted, I'm not up on my current roots line up but I didn't see leonard hubbard?

Hub left the group a long time ago.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    Hub left the group a long time ago.
    that makes sense, like I said, not up on that.

I respect him trying to do something "new," having a popular band as his house band but it just wasn't sittin right.

Just counting the days till Conan's back on.

• Dogz, I am no fan of Jimmy Fallon AT ALL... but, that was DAY 1.

At least give him a couple weeks. Damn, y'all are a bunch of kneejerk Jerks.

• Dogz, I am no fan of Jimmy Fallon AT ALL... but, that was DAY 1.

Since he's not a fresh face like Conan was I think time is irrelevant. People either like him or don't, at this point and it's seems the majority of people dislike him and didn't want him to host. He's just not a likeable guy or funny etc..

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Dogz, I am no fan of Jimmy Fallon AT ALL... but, that was DAY 1.b,121b,121At least give him a couple weeks. Damn, y'all are a bunch of kneejerk Jerks. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121I didn't see it yet. I just thought him and Carson Daly was a combo that would drive many people nuts. I think Jimmy Fallon can be funny at times, but also fairly annoying. I think he did some funny stuff on SNL. I'm one of those people who finds it funny when the SNL people laugh at their own stuff. Usually more so if they are cracking up with the giggles, not just laughing at their own joke type style. b,121b,121I'm not up watching tv at that time, so I probably won't ever see his show. I agree, he needs more than one day to settle in before final judgement. b,121b,121I can remember watching Jay Leno's first night. I also remember watching Carson. That seems so long ago now. I probably shouldn't have had my own tv at that age.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Dogz, I am no fan of Jimmy Fallon AT ALL... but, that was DAY 1.

Since he's not a fresh face like Conan was I think time is irrelevant. People either like him or don't, at this point and it's seems the majority of people dislike him and didn't want him to host. He's just not a likeable guy or funny etc..

also, from my pov, i'm either gonna find you funny and WANT to laugh at your jokes, even when they aren't that great (larry david, ricky gervais)....or i don't find you generally funny and cringe every time i see you on screen (dane cook, 99% of female comedians), even though at times, you might get a few good ones in.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    99% of female comedians

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    my friend santi will be on jimmy tonight and the roots too, it will be philly in the spot for sure....! yay!
    give jimmy some time to ease in, conan is so goddamn funny it's hard to compare.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Dogz, I am no fan of Jimmy Fallon AT ALL... but, that was DAY 1.

It was pretty endearing seeing him be so nervous. His set design is a little too "hip" for his own good. It works against him. Conan's set design improved a lot over the years but was still rather subdued.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    The guy was an odd choice but I can see him growing into it.b, 21b, 21/font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21my friend santi will be on jimmy tonight and the roots too, it will be philly in the spot for sure....! yay!
    b, 21 give jimmy some time to ease in, conan is so goddamn funny it's hard to compare.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Funny you should mention that, not to be weird but I remember googling you once and this image came up:b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2442/6059526heidigoodtimes29.jpg"1

• I haven't seen it yet..but I do think you guys are being a little too harsh (Soulstrut!?! too harsh!?!). It has to be better than Leno's stupid ass show. At least Conan can pick up where Carson left off now.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Funny you should mention that, not to be weird but I remember googling you once/b1 and...b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121The way you phrase it is almost creepier than the content.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah wow!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    how else would you say it

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121how else would you say it b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121"I googled you", perhaps?

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    OK. b,121"I googled you."b,121b,121b,121My bad. Wrong?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah yall need to stop tripping.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    at least he said "once". anymore than once would be way creepier imo.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    the show was fine for a first episode.................except for the blackhole that was the deniro segment (kind of 2 segments). absolutely awful.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I only watched some clips on Hulu, but the Roots sounded great (best talk show band ever?), though I'm biased because I know Kirk, the guitar player.

Fallon was not as bad as I expected, he might grow into it.

DeNiro was probably the worst SNL guest of all time.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I don't know anyone involved, so I can say, without bias:
    sucks.

The dude couldn't even read the Weekend Update jokes without uh stammer uh uh laughing at the joke uh uh, how's he going to spit hot frees when it comes to the Late Nite banteristic shit?