Minneapolis dudes

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I found this a few days ago, I must've played this thing 20 times by now. Its from 1983, the track is called "Make You Mine" w/ a radio edit and dub on the flip. Vocals by Denise Blaylark. Arranged by Rennis, Pat Adams and Mike Brown. Does this guy Bobby have any more records? Can I get a price check? Is this a dollar bin record or worth anything whatsoever? Either way it's a keeper, I don't know if people are checking for this but its a cool 12 in.

Comments

• there use to be a copy at the minneapolis cheapo for the longest time, i listened to it once but didn't care for it and put it back, think i've seen shuga sell a copy on ebay before $20-$30 bucks but don't quote me on that, anyway my tastes could've changed since i've last heard it which was a few years back, you have a soundclip of this i could hear?

• also that could possibly be robert brown jr but i'm not positive, he had a couple of gospel synth/funk 45's on the browntown label, one creditied to bobby brown, and another credited to robert brown jr, i think they're probably the same person, otherwise father and son, anyway one of the songs on the 45 was credited to m brown so this could be the same dude, he also released a christian cd a few years back on the browntown label, the thing that makes me think it's not him is that the song isn't a jesus song and it's on another label, so who knows

by the way if anyone here reads this and has a gospel lp on the browntown label out of minneapolis please let me know, not sure who it's by but i remember seeing it once years back and have been dying to hear it, by the way i'll try and post up those browntown 45's later on, they're kind of cool

• I like the dub version on this 12. Flanger on the drums and all. Yeah I've seen it sell twice for $30-35.

• here's those browntown 45's, pretty cool for some jesus records

• ^^^^
    thanks mr stonedsoul!!

• Yeah, that track never totally did it for me either, but I would pick it up for $15 or so especially for the hometown factor.

My friend is interested in picking it up because his friend is that guy's son or nephew... I forget.

• I don't care for that record to be honest. Oddly it's one of the few independent boogie records that seems to turn up fairly often around here (Bay Area).

• is your friends last name brown? parsec is bobby's last name listed on the record? just trying to figure out if there's any relation to the 45's i posted, can someone post an mp3 and remind just why i left it behind, i collect the local shit, this must have been a huge turd, then again it was years ago since i've last heard it

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    That record blows. Found two copies awhile back in the Bay and wanted my $4 back.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    is your friends last name brown? parsec is bobby's last name listed on the record?

yes, last name is brown.