Strut Fighter IV

2»

Comments

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    I'm sorely tempted to purchase a chunky arcade stick so I don't kill my pads within the next seven days. Being lazy I'm still not quite sure how the hell I pull off an ultra rather than a super combo.

While playing this is kind of like riding a bike still getting to grips again with being patient on attacks.

Also, seriously, F*ck Seth. I don't like the man's style and his low punch, sonic boom, kick, teleport, piledriver routine is the bane of my life right now.

ultras are when the revenge meter (the little red circle meter) fills up, and it's the character's super combo motion with three attack buttons.. supers are just with one attack button and is when you get full stocks of the horizontal meter (but are better used for EX moves instead imho)

They made Seth to basically be the supreme asshole boss which is kind of a sadistic tradition for capcom.. Old Bison was an unbeatable dickhead and Gill from SF:3s who would resurrect and had an unblockable super that instakills.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Ah cheers, that's what I thought. Unfortunately 17 years between games has slowed my reactions down to a point where I can barely time a super. I'm determined to get there though, even if it's only once.

Yeah I had a look at the training and it seems worthwhile - just requires patience and dedication when I haven't spent more than a minute training on a game in a long time and all I want to do is get online and kick ass get my ass kicked by 13 yer olds.

I'm on 360 rather than ps3 so any xboxers who want to notch up a few easy wins let me know.

• vitasoyvitasoy 31 Posts
    SFIV is dead to me because capcom didn't keep the parry system used in SFIII.

You can parry with the focus attack. either MP+MK or focus attack dash cancel: MP+MK double forward or back.