Strut Fighter IV

Dj_Coma_ToastDj_Coma_Toast 874 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I know there's some long time street fighter players on here. psn ID: Houseface if you need a chun li refresher:

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    sheeeit... the wife and i played street fighter at best buy for an hour the other day. told other people and little kids to move on. hadnt played in so many years. problem was that there are just too many damn buttons to push now (i dont play video games and havent since sega saturn). so it took us a few tries to get the hang of it.

anyway video games are fun sometimes.

• indeed. got mine from the wife last night. will be playing tonight. But I hear this is a must for true experience.

• nice. its also about c-note cheaper than the Hori controller.

• my copy should be getting delivered today. The shortages/grey market for controllers is nuts. I copped a PS3 Fightpad today, hoping to flip for some $$$ on the 'Bay to subsidize my (future) purchase of a 360 pad.

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    anyone finish the trial chalanges on hard?

p.s. I f*ckin HATE THE TITLE MUSIC! why would they even add that!

• i think the music throughout the entire game is pretty lame- sounds more at home on a teen skating game-they should have just used the title music from SFII. That said, it felt so good to play SFIV, its definitely lived up to its hype for me.

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    the way zangief and able use the grab is pretty excessive and well pretty cheap!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Didnt Qbert do some of the music for this?

• Options
    SFIV is dead to me because capcom didn't keep the parry system used in SFIII.

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    your loss

• Options
    Hardly.

I've been a fan since the very first SF. I've played every single SF game ever made.

SFIV is a cosmetic leap.

SFIII was a complete leap in game play because pushing forward to parry when attacked (instead of back to block all the time) is counterintuitive and takes some real skill.

Just youtube some SFIII matches (especially ones with Urien) and compare to SFIV matches.

My $0.02...

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    point taken

• I diddnt get to play a lot of III, but my brother showed up with a copy over xmas break and I wished i woulda got on that sooner. Alpha 3 was my favorite.

This shit is bonkers:

The music in the new one is kinda weak compared to the other ones (i.e. that title music is annoying as hell) Occasionally the old tunes pop up, i think when you fight your rival in arcade mode.

I'm digging that Abel character though. Gotta get one of them arcade sticks.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I've been thinking about picking it up all week as my guilt over reckless spending is nullified by having some game vouchers (yes i know, the boy who never grew up).

What's been putting me off is that I'm not convinced about using an Xbox pad to pull off all the moves without busting the stick within a day and can't be arsed to fork out for arcade stick.

Maybe I'll cop out and wait for Tekken instead.......

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    WANT.

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    GET!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i'm so bad at this game

• motherFUCK Seth. I just spent over an hour trying to beat him. On easy. Just one round. With C. Viper.

At least I unlocked Cammy out of it.

F*ck, my wrists don't feel right.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    this shit is HARD.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Where's all my REAL sf heads at?

- spidey

this shit is HARD.

Already reduced to Easy level and still no walk in the park. Don't regret picking this up but think I'm going to have to put in some proper training montage style practice on this bastard before i let loose online.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    this shit is HARD.

Already reduced to Easy level and still no walk in the park. Don't regret picking this up but think I'm going to have to put in some proper training montage style practice on this bastard before i let loose online.
    `
    if you're trying to do character unlocks, put it on the "easiest" setting (for awhile i thought "easy" was the last setting but seth is still ridiculous then)

Yep I've been forced into that littlest of dude moves. Still can't get to grips with C Viper though - I want to unlock Cammy but Viper is absolutely no fun to play with.

Loving it though - it's like the last 17 years have been swept away.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Why can't they leave it alone.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    i dont remember street fighter being this difficult! the controls sucks. Cant pull anything off. might be that im still using the same moves from the original Street Fighter 2. Old school dude. There are like 30 hit combos in this piece!

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    i dont remember street fighter being this difficult! the controls sucks. Cant pull anything off. might be that im still using the same moves from the original Street Fighter 2. Old school dude. There are like 30 hit combos in this piece!
    Most of the long combos have 1 frame timing on some of the links, so its really ridiculous. so unless you have really good execution it forces you to scale back your game from combo crazy to just the basics.

I'm sorely tempted to purchase a chunky arcade stick so I don't kill my pads within the next seven days. Being lazy I'm still not quite sure how the hell I pull off an ultra rather than a super combo.

While playing this is kind of like riding a bike still getting to grips again with being patient on attacks.

Also, seriously, F*ck Seth. I don't like the man's style and his low punch, sonic boom, kick, teleport, piledriver routine is the bane of my life right now.

• Yeah, im thinking arcade stick too, but i cant find one anywhere.

@ senior: ultra = all three punches while your ultra meter is full. super = just the move and one punch while your EX (the blue meter) is full.

while you can still play old school jumping hard kick to crouching fierce kick style, i recommend doing the training under Challenges>Trials. It really puts shit in perspective and you learn a lot of useful basic combos and general timing that arent apparent from just picking it up and playing like it was '95.

c.viper sucks, so worth it to unlock cammy though.

no ps3 network id's???