Lake George, NY

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I know it's in the Adirondacks and it's gonna be brick but is there anything to do there? (besides skiing and building )

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    jack off in the woods?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Designer Outlet shopping
    Bars
    No rackords

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Designer Outlet shopping
    Bars
    No rackords

Jacking off in the woods sounds like fun though.

Just visiting right?
    You still in the military? It's not like going to Ft Drum or anything, sheeit.

Just visiting right?
    You still in the military? It's not like going to Ft Drum or anything, sheeit.
    I have to go there for business/pleasure (with emphasis on business) from Friday to Sunday morning. I'm still in the Army and thank god I'm not driving to Canada, I mean Fort Drum.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    This place has bomb beef jerky, if thats your thing. Mad chain restaurants and maybe an outlet mall in Glens Falls. Thats all I got for winter activities around thur, sorry...

This place has bomb beef jerky, if thats your thing.
    That link is making me hungry. I'll cop a few bags for my office.

• This place has bomb beef jerky, if thats your thing.
    That link is making me hungry. I'll cop a few bags for my office.

It's kinda pretty in summer/fall, just to walk around with a girl and stuff. Kinda 'Dirty Dancing,' 50s vibe...

Did some very wholesome kissing on a dock there, that led to more adult activities.

But, maybe not with your army coworkers... probably not the best idea on that last thing.

But, maybe not with your army coworkers... probably not the best idea on that last thing.
    lol...i wanted to bring the lady up with me but this was a last minute thing. From what little knowledge that I have of Lake George, it does seem that it would be a romantic place.

Oh well, I'm sure I can find some liquor and get thrashed.

• But, maybe not with your army coworkers... probably not the best idea on that last thing.
    lol...i wanted to bring the lady up with me but this was a last minute thing. From what little knowledge that I have of Lake George, it does seem that it would be a romantic place.

Oh well, I'm sure I can find some liquor and get thrashed. [/b]

Of that you can be certain...

Hi L*rry.

• Hi L*rry.

Hey M*ke! Hollar at me if you hit Saratoga, Troy or Albany. I can put you up on a few spots.

• If you go to Saratoga (my favorite town on earth) go to Desperate Annie's for drunk drinks, and 9 Maple for the classy kind.

Hattie's has great fried chicken- where I took the family the day I graduated college, one of the best days of my life.

Mrs. London's has the BOMBFUCKINGASS pastries; I baked there for a while after college, and am still proud to claim it. The Almond Croissant will blow your wig back. Ignore the 'Max,' restuarant, as it's unbelievably awful, and I fear will bankrupt the former.

Ok. You didn't ask, but I could go on... I love that town.

If you go to Saratoga (my favorite town on earth) go to Desperate Annie's for drunk drinks, and 9 Maple for the classy kind.

Hattie's has great fried chicken- where I took the family the day I graduated college, one of the best days of my life.

Mrs. London's has the BOMBFUCKINGASS pastries; I baked there for a while after college, and am still proud to claim it. The Almond Croissant will blow your wig back. Ignore the 'Max,' restuarant, as it's unbelievably awful, and I fear will bankrupt the former.

This is what I'm looking for. Thanks!
    F16, plaese to recommend spots in or near Albany. I have to drive through there to get to the mountains.

If you go to Saratoga (my favorite town on earth) go to Desperate Annie's for drunk drinks, and 9 Maple for the classy kind.

Sutton's is in Glen Falls on Rt 9N. Get some pastries there, fusking killlaaaaaaaaaaa.

• Last Vestige in Albany was great for records, and I mean GREAT, between '99-'01. TheNon can speak on it now.

They have a Saratoga location, but I worked there and can admit it is beat.

There's also a WEIRD 45 spot in Albany that I stopped in last summer on the way to DJ a wedding outside Buffalo(?) to pick up 45 cones, which I had forgotten at home. They seemed to specialize in pop crap, but there may be something lurking in there if you're enterprising.

Oh, and add ROMA's to your Saratoga list. Italian imports/sandwich shop... wow. Prosciutto, fresh mozzerella, tomatoes, oil, vinegar... damn. Takes me back.
    And, the Lyrical Ballad in Saratoga, if you're into old books. Great bookshop in an old bank, and the rooms unfurl through the vaults.

• If you go to Saratoga (my favorite town on earth) go to Desperate Annie's for drunk drinks, and 9 Maple for the classy kind.

This is what I'm looking for. Thanks!

F16, plaese to recommend spots in or near Albany. I have to drive through there to get to the mountains.

Check your PMs...

Thanks to all for the recommendations. I'm tempted to hit up that spot that have 45's. The restaurants mentioned really got me hungry.