Want Sven Libaek - Inner Space Trunk reissue

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited February 2009 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Looking for this.Buy or trade.

Comments

• M,

the Trunk issue is a compilation of Libaek's work. If you're looking for a straight reissue of the actual "inner space" set, this was released last year on a small label. I believe it was called Votary Records?

alles goed daaro?

• M,

the Trunk issue is a compilation of Libaek's work. If you're looking for a straight reissue of the actual "inner space" set, this was released last year on a small label. I believe it was called Votary Records?

alles goed daaro?

Hey W!

Alles goed hier man, met jou dan?
    I know this is a comp but the Votary reissue has the Thatcherie with the voiceover and the Trunk one doesn't so I rather have that one.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Yeah IMO, the Votary one is pretty shitty cuz they put William (Shite)ner's voice over it. Apparently, it was a way to "reward" owners of the original. I'd suggest getting Trunk's version and forgetting the Votary one altogether. I know a handful of locals were not happy when it came out, I mean -- why in god's name would you reissue something if you are gunna manually alter it decades later.

MR RECORD LABEL - DONT YOU GET IT? PEOPLE BUY REISSUES TO HEAR THE MUSIC THEY CAN NOT GET THEIR HANDS ON / AFFORD -AND- Not to hear the dude from star trek talk over the good bit of music.... ehhhh... f*ckin' irks me.

Aside from that, you guys are doing an amazing job with unearthing some of this stuff and getting it out there, but please get the quality control, etc. up.

I have a copy of Yara**** here with personal letters written to 2JJ from the 70s from Rob and other stuff you might want for your reissue.

(end of rant)

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    Yeah IMO, the Votary one is pretty shitty cuz they put William (Shite)ner's voice over it. Apparently, it was a way to "reward" owners of the original. I'd suggest getting Trunk's version and forgetting the Votary one altogether. I know a handful of locals were not happy when it came out, I mean -- why in god's name would you reissue something if you are gunna manually alter it decades later.

MR RECORD LABEL - DONT YOU GET IT? PEOPLE BUY REISSUES TO HEAR THE MUSIC THEY CAN NOT GET THEIR HANDS ON / AFFORD -AND- Not to hear the dude from star trek talk over the good bit of music.... ehhhh... f*ckin' irks me.

Aside from that, you guys are doing an amazing job with unearthing some of this stuff and getting it out there, but please get the quality control, etc. up.

I have a copy of Yara**** here with personal letters written to 2JJ from the 70s from Rob and other stuff you might want for your reissue.

(end of rant)

ouch. kind of harsh no? considering votary is on soulstrut...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Harsh? Maybe Dave, but --

What happened to honest criticism from a consumers point of view. On the Strut or not, I *PERSONALLY* think it's a punk move to alter the original recording and pass it off as a reissue. My 2 cents, like I said, aside from that, they do a good job, but as someone who still purchases music, I think I have the right to give my opinion. + Votary ain't been up in this bitch since day 1... get it? got it? good...

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i had an original copy of this record that i found for a dollar in a thrift store in 1999. i gave it to thes-one a few weeks later. remember that thes?