greyboy/maker

chenobrownchenobrown 31 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Headin up to the chi city this week from saint lou to see greyboy/maker at Sonotheque. Any strutters gonna be there? Anyone know if there's a dress code at this joint? Probably gonna hit up a few wax shops around town...any suggestions for a good beat selection? dusty groove on ashland? any help is appreciated.

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Greyboy is dope, one of my all time favorite DJs. I assume he's DJing and it's not his band performing?

• yeah should be a dj set and not the greyboy all-stars.

so stoked to see him behind the wheels of steel....heard the vibe is always right at sonotheque.

• sonotheque is pretty cool -- I was there in Jan and saw Bonobo DJ. A couple people raved to me about the sound, but I thought it kind of blew (maybe it was an off night?). The spot is definitely nice, but the layout isn't really suited for a dancefloor. No dress code when I was there.

Dusty Groove is a great shop -- but is not cheap. Also check out Jazz Record Mart (if you like jazz). I checked out a couple other small shops, but couldn't tell you what they were called or where they were.

• I'll be around, a few places near hyde park worth looking into

• Sonotheque is alright. there is no dress code. one of my favorite mexican joints is right around the corner(chicago and ashland) called trespasada. dusty groove can have good shit sometimes although i stopped going there about a year ago. the jazz record mart is a dope spot if you've never been there before. hyde park records can be good sometimes. if you go there make sure you eat at ribs and bibs a couple doors east for some bbq. don't even waste your time in dr. wax. peabody's and beverly records(pretty far from the loop though) can have shit sometimes. theres more spots...pull out a phonebook when your in town. happy hunting. KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR POTHOLES!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Maker aint got no party!