Sharon Jones-Inspiration Information Cover!

cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Dude this is so killer!http://friendfeed.com/e/c4104d8c-3511-09...s-cover-Sharon/Now I can finally understand all the lyrics.

Comments

• how do i download it off that site. fire.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I don't think you can download it from there.
    Go to Itunes it's on the new Dark Is Night Compilation from
    the Red Hot Organization so it benefits AIDS research.
    Talk about win win.

• nice. between this and the suite for ma dukes, ive surpassed the number of itunes downloads ive bought in the last 5 years in a few days.

• Amazing!

• so good.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This is f*cking great. The only thing - I just bought my MP3 off of Amazon and it sounds HELLA digi-tinny. Is that just how it was recorded or something? It's annoying.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Loving this.

• lil bit lame... but good one...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Played this out a couple weeks ago and folks were

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    lil bit lame... but good one...

Lost in translation perhaps?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    This is f*cking great. The only thing - I just bought my MP3 off of Amazon and it sounds HELLA digi-tinny.[/b] Is that just how it was recorded or something? It's annoying.
    No joke. I find it to be almost un-listenable on the headphones on account of this. Cool song otherwise...

• Nice, though it ain't Shuggie, but I guess that's a good thing

• ughh, even this version sounds like sheet metal.

heres a download, got it from that page

• why listen to this when you can listen to the original? shit is mediocre, the original destroys this version

• WTF? This is a good cover, the argument about what version is better has nothing to do with this good track.
    DEAL.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Excellent cover version. Just bought the .wav from juno download. On repeat now.

• does that wav sound tinny too?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    why listen to this when you can listen to the original? shit is mediocre, the original destroys this version

I don't think I would be quite so harsh, but I too can't quite hear what everyone is raving about. Sounds a bit forced to my ears. Pleasant, but a bit awkward.

• listened to it again and still think it's crap, shuggie's version is way smoother and his ending kills it, sharon's version like you said is just awkward

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    her voice just doesnt go with the style of that song. regardless of the sound quality it just is not a very good cover in my opinion. i wouldnt say its unlistenable but i will never play that song again.