library music being used what it was recorded for

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
watching the new episode of Bourdain and just heard a KPM track from Afro Rock...

Comments

• I remember hearing Keith Mansfield's 'Soul Thing' being used in PSAs when I was a kid. I was blown away the first time I scored a copy of the Tony Newman 45 and was like "Shit! I know this song!"

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    watching the new episode of Bourdain and just heard a KPM track from Afro Rock...

Funny, I noticed that too but didn't bother explaining it to my wife.

• I dont feel like going and flipin through my crates at the moment...it was "Swamp Fever" right?

• another Afro rock track! "Frozen Steam" perhaps? shit, im gonna have to see which one. Has this been reissued, or does he have a deep music supervisor?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    It was "Swamp Fever"

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i still get a kick out of rediscovering library/ OST tunes that I know and were used in old TV shows and films...

like the other day the hommie Sno told me about a long forgotten TV show in HK from the early 80s, on some political agendas/ conspiracies type shit, and boom there they were KPMs, tracks from Reynold's Gator, one after another!

• snosno 332 Posts
    Kenny's case in point:

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Reissued.

• Reissued.

Indeed by Tummy Touch, an English company but whose owner now lives in NY.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

HOLY SHIT!

• Reissued.

Indeed by Tummy Touch, an English company but whose owner now lives in NY.

figured, it was too much to think that there was a music supervisor out there looking deep...probably had a promo copy put on his desk one day.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

HOLY SHIT!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    deep music supervisor?

Stolen for my location!