Being 20

thewaxbanditthewaxbandit 112 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
helloi've gotta produce a poster for part of my degree about being '20' thing is, i'm 31so i figured i'd start with looking at LP artwork from artists who released dope LPs when they were 20its quite difficult to get that specific information thoughso i thought i'd try and tap the 'infinite strut music brain pool'my questionWhich artists; commercial or mainstream have released an great album aged 20?many thanks b

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

All three had their 20th birthday the year that album was released.

• HamHam 872 Posts

their 20th birthday the year that album was released.

• awesome this is a good start!

thanks

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    3 of the 4 Sex Pistols were 20 when they recorded "Never Mind The Bollocks"

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• Options
    I think Metallica was right around 20 when they did Kill Em All.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    12" x 24" poster

The top half has a plain white 12" x 12" square with a small black dot in the middle....this represents how much you truly know and understand about life as a 20 year old.

The bottom half has the exact opposite black square with a small white dot in the middle representing how much a 20 year old THINKS they know and understand about life.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    These two are both 20 years old and were recorded by 20 year olds.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    12" x 24" poster

The top half has a plain white 12" x 12" square with a small black dot in the middle....this represents how much blah blah blah 20 year old.

The bottom half has the exact opposite black square with a small white dot in the middle representing how much blah blah blah about life.

12" x 24" poster

The top half has a plain white 12" x 12" square with a small black dot in the middle....this represents how much blah blah blah 20 year old.

The bottom half has the exact opposite black square with a small white dot in the middle representing how much blah blah blah about life.

Yeah dude.....by twenty you have it all figured out and by 40 you've forgotten it all.

I'm guessing your 19.

• this is good

i might just copy and paste this thread to make my poster!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    12" x 24" poster

Yeah dude.....by twenty you have it all figured out and by 40 you've forgotten it all.

I'm guessing your 19.

"Age ain't nothing but a number." (Aaliya)

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." (Oscar Wilde)

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

12" x 24" poster

I'm guessing your 19.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

OK...18 with decent Google skills.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    12" x 24" poster

I'm guessing your 19.

Ok one more

(in especially enlarged text for those who have reached an age when their faculties may be beginning to fail them)

When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self. (Confucius)

12" x 24" poster

I'm guessing your 19.

Ok one more

(in especially enlarged text for those who have reached an age when their faculties may be beginning to fail them)

When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self. (Confucius)

Good advice for every 20 year old out there.....in a few years you can follow it too.

Wisdom comes with age my friend....I know I'm much wiser today than when I was 20.....anyone over 30 who tells you different is a liar.

But feel free to continue proving my point.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Good advice for every 20 year old out there.....

Shame you failed to understand it though.

But feel free to continue proving my point.

Yes, your point, young = dumb, old = wise. Well call me Sonny, what a revelation.

Waxbandit do you have enough inspiration for your project yet?

• perfect!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The one MOke can't be 20, because this graf is at least that old

[/img]

MOke, why you had to foul up my hood with your weak ass tag style?

b/w if you're going to hang upside down off a bridge, at least remember to put the M the right way up

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Hey on a side note related topic. Pauls Boutique LP is 20 yrs old this year....

So maybe theres something to look into.. the artwork/lp has been re released in some kind of 'directors' cut/remastered' package. But more intersting is the fact that that album is now a 20 year old..... ;-)

http://paulsboutique.beastieboys.com/purchase/index.htm

How old where the Beasties when they made it, they had to be around the 20 year old mark....methinks...

l

• "How old where the Beasties when they made it, they had to be around the 20 year old mark....methinks..."

24's my age, 22's my gauge.

• oripsorips 238 Posts

Prince released this just before his 20th birthday.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts

He was 20 when he did this?

What a great album.

• soul text FINAL

for those that may have wondered how it turned out

the whole thread

abstracted

based on the colours of the first ATCQ lp

many thanks guys

b

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I think this is what R. Kelly told Aaliyah to tell her parents upon learning that he had turned their daughter out at the tender age of 16.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    soul text FINAL

for those that may have wondered how it turned out

the whole thread

abstracted

based on the colours of the first ATCQ lp

many thanks guys

b

Was this done in Processing?

• in illustrator

i just copied and pasted the full text

changed each persons post to a colour corresponding to the ATQC LP

and then copied and pasted at random, a lot

it works real nice as a 60x80cm poster - you can read each line when you get close but from distance it just looks real abstract

i've got about 20 variations where i've used the align tool a lot, but my tutor advised me to enter this one

peace

b

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Its fucckked up in a good way, vould make a great flyer as well.

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    this is fantastic. well done.