feel good moment of the day (tiger bacon related)

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
In a zoo in California, a mother tiger gave birth to a rare set oftriplet tiger cubs. Unfortunately, due to complications in thepregnancy, the cubs were born prematurely and due to their tiny size,they died shortly after birth.The mother tiger after recovering from the delivery, suddenly started todecline in health, although physically she was fine. The veterinariansfelt that the loss of her litter had caused the tigress to fall into adepression. The doctors decided that if the tigress could surrogateanother mother's cubs, perhaps she would improve.After checking with many other zoos across the country, the depressingnews was that there were no tiger cubs of the right age to introduce tothe mourning mother. The veterinarians decided to try something that hadnever been tried in a zoo environment. Sometimes a mother of one specieswill take on the care of a different species. The only orphans' thatcould be found quickly, were a litter of weanling pigs.The zoo keepers and vets wrapped the piglets in tiger skin[/b] and placedthe babies around the mother tiger.Would they become cubs or pork chops?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Haha what? You got the link?

• Those pigs will be bad ass when they grow up, thinking they are tigers. That or the tiger is just waiting for them to get bigger before eating them.

• My day just got a whole lot more bad ass.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    That shit is ill.

I smell an animated kids movie coming from this

Or calendars for middle-aged office ladies, one of the two.

• turns out it's not such a cute story. It might actually be the work of a crooked zoo in Thailand that sets up random situations like this. I think someone found the pictures and concocted this story to go with it.

Oh well, still pretty funny pictures.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    a crooked zoo in Thailand

Oh, those zany Thai folk! First it's child prostitution, now crooked zoos. What'll they think of next?!

• a crooked zoo in Thailand

Oh, those zany Thai folk! First it's child prostitution, now crooked zoos. What'll they think of next?!

Crooked child zoos (or do they already have those??)

• the one thing that makes me laugh is that the zoo is named Sriracha. What else would expect from a zoo of the same name as the cock sauce.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    turns out it's not such a cute story. It might actually be the work of a crooked zoo in Thailand that sets up random situations like this. I think someone found the pictures and concocted this story to go with it.

One obvious hole in the story: the zoo gave her six piglets to replace her three cubs.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    turns out it's not such a cute story. It might actually be the work of a crooked zoo in Thailand that sets up random situations like this. I think someone found the pictures and concocted this story to go with it.

One obvious hole in the story: the zoo gave her six piglets to replace her three cubs.

Two each for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    This is my feel good moment of the day.

Looking through the pics was really heart warming. Just goes to show small deeds really can make a huge difference and all the world to somebody.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/gallery/022309dana_farber_beams/

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    This is my feel good moment of the day.

Looking through the pics was really heart warming. Just goes to show small deeds really can make a huge difference and all the world to somebody.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/gallery/022309dana_farber_beams/

Man, that got me all misty. The Jimmy Fund, whose money goes to Dana Farber, is my favorite organization to donate to. You just can't go wrong supporting treatment and research into curing childhood cancer.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I was not ready to click on that building link. I just teared up at work.

• aww, it was playful banter until she started chewing on one of those little dudes heads

• Options
    Awesome pigs! thanks.

We have a pretty good local radio station that I was listening to coming home from McDonald's this morning.

Check out this playlist:
    http://www.kdvs.org/shows/view/show_id/700

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I was not ready to click on that building link. I just teared up at work.

Ya know?

I've already done the link and I know if I click on it again the same shit will happen.