ATLANTIS: 31??19'45.21"N 24??20'59.25"W

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
The lost city. Google earth it.

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    The lost city. Google earth it.

84.77 miles wide.

Nah, some developer at google got bored and threw that in. I need to check this in the latest verison of GE now that they put in the oceans layer.

• Back story?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    im at work so cant launch G.E.

are you talking about this:

Atlantis On Google Earth - Amazing videos are here

• woah!

• can you use google earth to zoom in on Atlantis close enough to see Prince Namor the Sub Mariner? I always wondered what he looks like in real life

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    "You remember Atlantis? Donovan, the guy with the brocade coat used to sing to you about Atlantis. You loved it, you were so involved then... back in the days when you used to smoke a banana.

You would scrape the stuff off the middle.
    You would bake it.
    You would smoke it.
    You even thought you was getting ripped from it.

No problem!

Woop! Atlantis, they could really get down there!

The plankton!
    The krill!
    The giant underwater pyramid!
    The squid decor!

The big old giant underwater door.
    The dome, the bubbles, the blue light."

• http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/autocode...ty-71124.htm

oh well.. I'll still be spending the rest of my day at work looking for more. lol

• http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/autocode...ty-71124.htm

oh well.. I'll still be spending the rest of my day at work looking for more. lol

Paging L Ron Harvey to plaese debunk these debunkers.

• can you use google earth to zoom in on Atlantis close enough to see Prince Namor the Sub Mariner? I always wondered what he looks like in real life

"SURFACE DWELLARS!!"

He looks like Aquaman's bitch....

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    No physical proof needed.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Damn that was good.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

Damn that was good.

The alligator is icing on the cake.

Damn that was good.

The alligator is icing on the cake.

I just learned on Nova that alligators/crocodiles predate dinosaurs.
    Dinosaurs leg's are underneath, alligators/crocodiles/reptiles leg's are splayed.

Not sure if it's true, I just believe it because I saw it on TV.

• I just listened to a weird thing on the radio about crocodiles. This doctor was talking about how they don't seem to age. He said we have no idea what they're life expectancy is in captivity they haven't seen one die of old age / natural causes yet, and they tend to outlive all the people keeping track. Strange.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I just listened to a weird thing on the radio about crocodiles. This doctor was talking about how they don't seem to age. He said we have no idea what they're life expectancy is in captivity they haven't seen one die of old age / natural causes yet, and they tend to outlive all the people keeping track. Strange.

Aside from free radicals in the environment and your food, and the expression of genes that program your body to age, there really is no reason an animal couldn't live forever. With the right genetic coding and an ability to neutralize free radicals, you'd just keep on trucking.

• Right. Kinda mindblowing. Speaking of weird metaphysical stuff, my new favorite thing to watch on latenight youtube is this guy.

Kind of amazing. M theory makes me wish I'd taken a different path in life and become a physicist. Don't forget to watch part two!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I just listened to a weird thing on the radio about crocodiles. This doctor was talking about how they don't seem to age. He said we have no idea what they're life expectancy is in captivity they haven't seen one die of old age / natural causes yet, and they tend to outlive all the people keeping track. Strange.

Aside from free radicals in the environment and your food, and the expression of genes that program your body to age, there really is no reason an animal couldn't live forever. With the right genetic coding and an ability to neutralize free radicals, you'd just keep on trucking.

I don't want to become the "Bill Nye of SS", but this isn't really correct. Systems break down over time regardless of expression of genes, cell replication etc. Gravity and chaos theory have a hand. We could live much longer if/then, but not forever.
    As an interesting sidenote, and much more useful to humans, crocodiles have an internal antibiotic/serum that will heal their wounds quickly and efficiently. If we could get that going, we could be on the way to easy street.

I hope they never figure out how to remove the aging gene.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

"Bill Nye of SS"

YES! Haven't seen that show for a MINUTE.

As an interesting sidenote, and much more useful to humans, crocodiles have an internal antibiotic/serum that will heal their wounds quickly and efficiently. If we could get that going, we could be on the way to easy street.

This is quite interesting.... maybe that's what all those 'alligator' tamer people are doing (attempting to extract miracle serum)?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

"Bill Nye of SS"

YES! Haven't seen that show for a MINUTE.

This is quite interesting.... maybe that's what all those 'alligator' tamer people are doing (attempting to extract miracle serum)?

No, they are remnants of the "risk taking gene" in some humans that hasn't been eliminated just yet.

• Right. Kinda mindblowing. Speaking of weird metaphysical stuff, my new favorite thing to watch on latenight youtube is this guy.

Kind of amazing. M theory makes me wish I'd taken a different path in life and become a physicist. Don't forget to watch part two!

This type of thing makes me realise i'm not as intelligent as I think I am.

• yeah it takes a couple of times watching it and thinking about it to fully fathom, it's a bit much to hold conceive of

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

I don't want to become the "Bill Nye of SS", but this isn't really correct. Systems break down over time regardless of expression of genes, cell replication etc. Gravity and chaos theory have a hand. We could live much longer if/then, but not forever.

damn dude what books you ready these days. thats deep. celestine prophecy?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    fully fathom

• No physical proof needed.

well that picture is a step in the right direction...i always thought those people just denied that dinosaurs even existed.

when i say 'those people' i mean 45% of americans.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Perhaps "Wolverine" was named after the wrong animal.