Public Enemy Promo

DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
so this hippy kid gave me all of his small hiphop collection and there was some nice stuff in it.is anybody familiar with a Public Enemy Australian Promo EP? i don't have it near me for a track listing but the wax is flimsy as hell.also gave me a double-wax thing called "Man and His Music." basically a weird tribute to scott la rock with some bdp songs/remixes on it...anybody got some info on this stuff for me?

Comments

• "Man and His Music."

is that the d-nice thing? i got that, pretty cool although i dont know how raer it is...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Yeah I remember when that Australian promo EP came out, I bought it even though I wasn't into collecting wax back then (it was all about the cassette). That was the first concert I went to; the "TOUR OF A BLACK PLANET" in 1990, so that record had mad sentimental value. It never left my house before, but I was playing at the X-Games and wanted to play lots of Beastie Boys, PE, etc, so I just pulled every record in those sections out the Expedit.... + guess what... someone broke into my girls car and stole my bag of records, palm pilot, glasses, needles, slipmats and tons of ill records (including my ENTIRE PE and Beasties collection)... I was heated because I NEVER leave my shit in the car, seriously, it was a one-off incident....

I see that PE thing pop up on Australian ebay though, but I've been too lazy to re-cop it. It goes for about $20 though. There's nothing really exclusive on that record though is there?? I can't really recall...

peace.

also gave me a double-wax thing called "Man and His Music." basically a weird tribute to scott la rock with some bdp songs/remixes on it...
    anybody got some info on this stuff for me?

Man & His Music was exactly what you said, a tribute released by B-Boy Records to the late great Scott La Rock... features a bunch of tracks, mixes from DJs, all types of stuff... it's pretty dope, the inserts got some cool stuff on it... Freddy Fresh was up in there from memory.

I like a song on that record called "ADVANCE"... at least I think it's on that record... that tracks on FYAH!

peace.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

The BDP is a common record - you can find it sealed & OG often enough. Its just a tribute to the man made after he got killed. There should be an insert with it that has more info about the contributing artists.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    I see that PE thing pop up on Australian ebay though, but I've been too lazy to re-cop it. It goes for about $20 though. There's nothing really exclusive on that record though is there?? I can't really recall...
    nah, there's nothing exclusive on it. i wonder how some kid in Wisco ended up with it?

The BDP is a common record - you can find it sealed & OG often enough.
    good thing...someone did their math homework on part of the jacket.

thanx for the info!

I heard Paris is producing the PE record. Anyone excited?

I hate to say it, but I think Public Enemy have had their day a long ass time ago!

peace.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    also gave me a double-wax thing called "Man and His Music." basically a weird tribute to scott la rock with some bdp songs/remixes on it...
    anybody got some info on this stuff for me?

Man & His Music was exactly what you said, a tribute released by B-Boy Records to the late great Scott La Rock... features a bunch of tracks, mixes from DJs, all types of stuff... it's pretty dope, the inserts got some cool stuff on it... Freddy Fresh was up in there from memory.

I like a song on that record called "ADVANCE"... at least I think it's on that record... that tracks on FYAH!

peace.

My homie DJ Soundmachine has a remix on Man & His Music that is pretty ill.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I think Public Enemy have had their day a long ass time ago!
    really? what makes you say that? because chuck d went solo, and flav is a viking now?

I think Public Enemy have had their day a long ass time ago!
    really? what makes you say that? because chuck d went solo, and flav is a viking now?

damn, i ain't laughed that hard in a long time... !!