GOOD MOOD STRUT

AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Talk about something good.I got a record with some Northern Indian and Northern African sounds on it for V day. It's a comp called "Passion Sources" and I have no other vinyl that sounds like it. FINALLY got my internship after being wait-listed and bumming out about it for 2 weeks. On the flipside, I've got some serious econometrics to catch up on, and the GRE to take. You can't win 'em all, but I've been due for some smile-inducing news, and I'm glad I got it.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    In 1996 me and my dude [THE UKRAINIAN] drank a whole gang of mushroom tea, put on "Passion Sources" and played chess for hours on end. That shit was epic.

I haven't heard that record in a while...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the Moroccan wedding song on that album is great. i picked that one up on a weird/awesome digging day in Tijuana, of all places.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I had that CD a long time ago, too. I think Peter Gabriel was behind it.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    yeah, inspiration for the soundtrack to the last temptation of christ.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That soundtrack is pretty cool too, I have in on vinyl. "Sources" was on vinyl as well, but I had it on CD.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    My daughter is about to start pre-k school (she's 2) - 5 days a week. Needless to say me and the missus are looking forward to having some of our lives back!

• Anyone have a DL of this???

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    A friend of mine, who was big Gabriel fan, highly recommended this set.

• Anyone have a DL of this???

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I think I'm going to get a haircut tonight. Kinda psyched about that. And I just got that DWG Lungbutters mix, which is excellent. Still got the breakup blues, though. So, I'ma smoke me some cigarettes and listen to that mix and think about my haircut.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Still got the breakup blues, though.

Aw man, sorry to hear things didn't work out with the ladyfriend. You'll bounce back in an instant, I'm sure.

My finals are done today, and they're not going to be that bad. Then I'll have five days of no school before the next term starts up on Tuesday. It's my birthday on Tuesday, so me and the wife are going out to dinner on Saturday night at this grown and sexy see-and-be-scene restaurant. Then dinner with the family on Sunday, which is always a good time.

So aside from this Cisco router I'm trying to configure that's frosting my ass, I'm in a good mood, which for me is straight up

Aw man, sorry to hear things didn't work out with the ladyfriend. You'll bounce back in an instant, I'm sure.

Yeah, I've been doing alright, but I just had a photo pop up on my Facebook homepage of the lady with her ex, who she is now back with. Didn't really want to see that. Thanks, Facebook.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    What is this "good mood" thing you speak of?

• my boy's coming to town THIS WEEKEND after 6months of not seeing him so i am in a VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD MOOD!!
    Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!
    hahaha...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Yeah, I've been doing alright, but I just had a photo pop up on my Facebook homepage of the lady with her ex, who she is now back with. Didn't really want to see that. Thanks, Facebook.

Though April showers may come your way
    They bring the flowers that bloom in may
    So when its raining, have no regrets
    Its not raining rain, you know, its raining violets

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Still got the breakup blues, though.

I just recently had the same thing happen to me.. i need to learn to delete ex's immediately... Though my ex ended up dating her doctor who was some rich dickhole.

BUT...

I just got home from snowboarding some fresh pow... and its like f*cking 70 degrees. I only went like an hour away too... LA is a crazy place.

• Options
    Though April showers may come your way
    They bring the flowers that bloom in may
    So when its raining, have no regrets
    Its not raining rain, you know, its raining violets

thanks Gary thats real nice!

I am in a good mood too. I just submitted a data set and graph for a court case that I am working on. You can check it out here: http://www.environmental-expert.com/resu...idproducttype=8 My boss showed me how he projects the data I acquire and explained a little bit about how it is being used to change some loose EPA guideline's.

but now I hear Poison Clan - Action callin me

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    my boy's coming to town THIS WEEKEND after 6months of not seeing him so i am in a VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD MOOD!!
    hahaha...

• I'm about to watch the following movies tonight for the first time:
    The Third Man
    Blast of Silence
    and
    Yakuza

I'm hyped!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    my boy's coming to town THIS WEEKEND after 6months of not seeing him so i am in a VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD MOOD!!
    hahaha...

Your boy is coming to town and suspiciously, there is no talk of pants. Things that make you go hmmmm.

I'm about to watch the following movies tonight for the first time:
    The Third Man
    Blast of Silence
    and
    Yakuza

I'm hyped!

Nice! I wasn't particularly fond of the narrative convention in Blast of Silence, but it was still pretty good.

• Spent the day with a bunch of good friends. Drank some home brew beer, and made some music where I was in control of the Space Echo. In my drunken haze, I took my friends blanket he got from India and used it as a "Mystical Dub Cape"

also, later on I used my friends "TV dub machine" (no idea what it's really called)

to turn regular TV into this:

it was fun. The end

• I wish I had a Mystical Dub Cape.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Troubleman, tremendous post.

• my boy's coming to town THIS WEEKEND after 6months of not seeing him so i am in a VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD MOOD!!
    hahaha...

Your boy is coming to town and suspiciously, there is no talk of pants. Things that make you go hmmmm.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I just got tickets to see Kara Walker speak. I am cheerful about this.

• Options
    A couple of years ago I was headed to a deserted parking lot behind a strip mall to have lunch and play soccer when I found a bunch of illegally dumped cedar. It was in decent enough condition, so I grabbed it all up, took it home and stashed it in my garage and basically forgot about it.

Fast forward to yesterday when I decided I had to make some shelves for my sneakers but didn't want to go to Home Depot to buy plywood. I was looking around mine and my neighbor's garages for scraps of wood to see if I could come up with something when I found this whole cedar stash from a couple years back!

The result:

This project put me in a very good mood, so I've been drinking all day.

• nice sween, i love the feeling of accomplishment... big or small. I recently rebuilt the starter on my LandCruiser (my first attempt), and was smiles all week driving it around.

plus... taking the wife to Vegas this weekend for her birthday. we'll be seeing a bunch of west coast friends that we haven't been around in 2 years. stoked.

my missing iPod won't even get me down b/w i don't lose shit (i think my 18 mo old ran off with it and hid it in a shoe).