freerice.com

Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
A friend of mine in Phnom Penh has just started this project. Its backed the UNWFP, so its not one of the normal South East Asia NGO rip offs.Waste time at work while helping contribute to the World Food Program. For every correct answer to any of the quizzes ten grains of rice are donated to WFP by sponsors. The vocab starts getting a tad difficult around level 50... www.freerice.com

Comments

• that has been around for a while actually, not just started, but very fun time waster/vocab game

• i was doing it for awhile and got up to level 54 before my brain exploded

• edit: just strated this project in rural Cambodia. Kep/Kampot to be exact.

Another great site is www.kiva.com. I can tell you from firsthand knowledge that the money absolutely goes to its intended purpose. A friend of mine just started up a chicken farm. All the start up money came from good people using kiva.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Will check the site out. Thx for posting.

Another great site is www.kiva.com. I can tell you from firsthand knowledge that the money absolutely goes to its intended purpose. A friend of mine just started up a chicken farm. All the start up money came from good people using kiva.

Real talk. Fusk a world bank or an imf. Sites like kiva really help out a lot of folks; and quickly. I've lent a Labcabin of $1500 thru two loans and I was surprised how quickly both were repaid. 1 to Burkina Fasso for a peanut butter business and the other to Tajikistan of all places to halp a lady buy a few more cows.

Also, the other benefit to lenders is that the investment thru these sites actually pays better than any CD or bonds u can buy anywhere right now. It's always good to help folks out, but this should really convince people who were sitting on the fence up til now.