remix mag going out of biz

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
jus got a letter from them saying their only to the seasonal thing cuz everybody online geeks or sumtin

Comments

• duh?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    They had a pretty great run considering it was just adspace littered with some shitty interviews and even shittier product reviews.

• nuthin beats the letter of the month....

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    They had a pretty great run considering it was just adspace littered with some shitty interviews and even shittier product reviews.

bingo

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    and horrible cds to boot that came with the mag...am I right?!

• They had a pretty great run considering it was just adspace littered with some shitty interviews and even shittier product reviews.

Do u think they should package all the good interviews into a big book comp?

Or folks dont care?

• they were terrible, their time is nigh considering they were just an in-print blog really

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This means I can stop second-guessing myself as to whether I did the right thing in turning down a job offer from them a few years back.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Do u think they should package all the good interviews into a big book comp?

Or folks dont care?

I honestly don't recall any good interviews.
    I'm sure there must of been some but I doubt they will pursue a best-of book (a la WaxPo). Maybe they should.
    Producers never want to give up any tangible info. I can't say I blame them as it's so hard to carve out a niche for yourself but it makes for shite interviews.
    I think that arena is much better left to the bloggers who can post up a long interview with somebody and get really nerdy with the questions like Unkut or Yayo Joints or whatever it called.

• I gave up informative info for anyone looking to build a home studio. Ask Dj Day. He'll tell you. I'm sad to see it go.

• I honestly don't recall any good interviews.
    I'm sure there must of been some but I doubt they will pursue a best-of book (a la WaxPo). Maybe they should.
    Producers never want to give up any tangible info. I can't say I blame them as it's so hard to carve out a niche for yourself but it makes for shite interviews.
    I think that arena is much better left to the bloggers who can post up a long interview with somebody and get really nerdy with the questions like Unkut or Yayo Joints or whatever it called.

I gave up informative info for anyone looking to build a home studio. Ask Dj Day. He'll tell you. I'm sad to see it go.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Not that I plan to build a studio of even own a home to build one in but hey, it's good to know I can refer to that issue if I ever do get in a home.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Somebody poast pdf plaese.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I'm sad to see it go.

yeah man there was a lot of good shit up in there. Some real good interviews over the years with indie cats, and underrated dudes and it wasnt saturated with top 40 clowns like Scratch magazine. They always had new gear reviews and focused on production in a decent way. The reviews were aight too. I always liked the feature when they followed a DJ to the record store and they commented and reviewed on what was bought.

That sucks they are done.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Unless you're super-niche, the magazine is a dead format. Even then, it's got to be tough.