question for paypal/ebay....help!!!

Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
so, I have this guy who bid on an item (only has 1 feedback, and didn't contact me before bidding, as is stated in my auctions), and he won a modern soul 12", and the address he is shipping to is unconfirmed (on paypal). I am going to send it via airmail with Registered (or Express)....am I protected? I will keep all the information/tracking #...but, with all the changes and b.s. I just want to make sure since it's a $250 item...and I'm a powerseller...will he be able to do a chargeback? will ebay/paypal protect me? my spider senses are not feeling good...Oh, and he's from France... :/ (anyone I should watch out for who is known to chargeback?)

Comments

• I don't think Paypal protects you for unconfirmed addresses. However, since you are sending registered, you may be ok. That will have a tracking number.

Paypal now allows you to upload files to disputes. So you will be able to provide the tracking number and upload scans of the paperwork when the inevitable happens....good luck.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• aren't all French addresses unconfirmed to paypal? You'll just have to do it and cross your fingers. I had a very similar situation and it ended up working out. It was a French dude, low feedback, modern soul, crossed fingers, soul strut advice left me paranoid, but it worked out.

• Send it express mail with insurance or there won't be shit you can do if paypal rules against you in a dispute.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I don't think Paypal protects you for unconfirmed addresses. However, since you are sending registered, you may be ok. That will have a tracking number.

Paypal now allows you to upload files to disputes. So you will be able to provide the tracking number and upload scans of the paperwork when the inevitable happens....good luck.

Registered has a tracking number.
    But when I have needed to track a registered package I have been told that they do not track registered package and that I have to wait 6 weeks and then file a missing registered package form.

I find that registered is painfully slow. I have had registered packages take more than 8 weeks from the states to England when parcel post often is less than a week.

• Send it express mail with insurance or there won't be shit you can do if paypal rules against you in a dispute.

yeah...that's what I had thought...might even make it signature required...

• Oh, and he's from France...

Too true, I'm in the same boat right now, fingers crossed...

BTW what great shot.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    With registered mail, the parcel is kept in a locked safe place, then exchanged to the other couriers by hand and signature. This what I was told at my local usa post office. I just find things to be different once it crosses the Atlantic onto foriegn territory though.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Send it express mail with insurance or there won't be shit you can do if paypal rules against you in a dispute.

AMEN, this is what I do.

AMEN, this is what I do.

how much that cost?
    and how much do you insure it for...if its a very high priced record?

• bbump

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's about $37 for one lp but the extra insurance is pretty cheap. I just sent a record insured for $700 that way and with full insurance it was under $40.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Follow up ?:
    Do the buyers have to pay some additional tax off the figure it's insured for?
    I know that burns their ass to no end.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Probably. I mean, I feel for the plight of big spending foreign record man and all, but ultimately that's their problem. I don't think USPS will insure something for more than the declared value.