two ebay questions

GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I have two ebay related questions. I hope someone can help me so that I do the right thing.1st question is:I won an auction two weeks ago. They seller didn???t send any invoice, or give any response to my messages. He states the following in his auctions:???IBAN bank transfer, WU or ?? / $ / ??? or Paypal is accepted. NO check's,imo's or similar. Payment must arrive within 7 days of auction end. If Paypal is the option EMAIL ME BEFORE BIDDING. If Paypal is the chosen payment method, the buyer must pay the cost for full insurance and tracked shipping, due to Paypal's responibility and refund policies. BANK TRANSFER IS PREFERRED.???After auction-end I send an e-mail saying that I wanted to pay him via paypal. I didn???t say this during the auction as (blind as I am) I didn???t see it. I am thinking that he is not responding because I want to pay with paypal, and I didn???t contact him in advance. I only send one e-mail saying that I want to use paypal, but I send many e-mails asking him to get in touch. How can I pay wihin 7 days when he is not getting in touch. I didn???t a single word.I don???t care if I get the LP or not anymore. I just don???t want any problems with paypal. Like an unpaid dispute. What should I do?....leave negative or do nothing? Can he even say that I have to contact him before bidding if I want to use paypal?2nd question:A guy is overcharging like $6 on shipping. Prices were stated in his auction, but I see on the box that he paid less than what he charged me. I asked him about it, and he says it???s because of ebay listing fees, paypal fees, time spend setting up the auctions with pictures and time spend going to the post office. I realize that he has to pay for the box (including extra packaging). Would you accept something like this, or would you do anything about. $6 is not a lot, but if it keeps happening then it will be in the end.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    question #1: he had a clearly stated policy and you didn't follow it. I think he has tghe reight to cancel this auction.

question #2: charge it to the game

• question #1: he had a clearly stated policy and you didn't follow it. I think he has tghe reight to cancel this auction.

yeah, but I wrote once that I would like to pay via paypal. I wrote plenty of other messages asking him just to get in touch and give me a total (no mention of paypal). He should get in touch - at least to tell me that my only option is bank transfer.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    question #1: he had a clearly stated policy and you didn't follow it. I think he has tghe reight to cancel this auction.

yeah, but I wrote once that I would like to pay via paypal. I wrote plenty of other messages asking him just to get in touch and give me a total (no mention of paypal). He should get in touch - at least to tell me that my only option is bank transfer.

yes, but you did it AFTER you won the auction. You didn't follow his rules, now you must suffer.

• He has to offer that I pay with bank transfer.....I am not really suffering

I just want to be sure that he can't hit me up with an unpaid item dispute.