whats good in delta junction, AK?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
1st week of march......?

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dude......that's smack dab in the middle of Banjo Hunting Season.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    those savages hunt banjos?!?

anyways, i wonder if i will be able to see the northern lights? i've always wanted to see that.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    i'm about an hour.5 from delta right now at the teck pogo gold mine.

why are you going there?

go to fairbanks. it's way better.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm going to test a cold weather radio. I think I'm going to the military base out there but I don't really know the details yet.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm sorry, did you just say you were posting from a gold mine?

• rookrook 357 Posts

yes.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

yes.

I hear a lot of weird scenes go down in gold mines. Is it the surreal landscape of midgets and mimes I imagine it to be?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    this dude might have some first hand info on entrances to the hollow inner earth

spill

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    will i be able to see the northern lights?

• rookrook 357 Posts
    I hear a lot of weird scenes go down in gold mines. Is it the surreal landscape of midgets and mimes I imagine it to be?

it is the surreal landscape, the 14 hour work days for two weeks straight, and the mimes.

this dude might have some first hand info on entrances to the hollow inner earth

spill

hollow earth is real. there is gold in it and water. there are books about this.

will i be able to see the northern lights?
    most likely. i saw them two days ago. there isn't much light pollution in delta.. so you should be fine. obviously if there are clouds and shit, you will not.

there may be a thrift in delta for records. i have never been, but a waxi co-conspirator has and he said they did not have shit. the most important thing to remember in delta is to not shake hands with the man at the steak house.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm not too concerned with record shopping. I am concerned about the safety of my banjo and personal electronics though in such extreme cold.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    the most important thing to remember in delta is to not shake hands with the man at the steak house.

You say many intriguing things. I like it.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    the most important thing to remember in delta is to not shake hands with the man at the steak house.

You say many intriguing things. I like it.

This reminds me of Twin Peaks in one way or another