ROAD TRIPPIN'... (softcore record pron inside)

BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Dreas and I just finished up our 3-week roadtrip late last week, and I've been spending a good portion of the time since going through photos from the journey. Below are a few selected thumbnails that you can enlarge by clicking on them. It was my first trip through the south, and it was simply beautiful (despite what Gary might have you believe ). Anyway, we didn't get to see nearly as many Strutters as we'd hoped, but we definitely managed to keep ourselves busy. Mega thanks go out to the whole SF crew who saw us on our way, Alex in Los Angeles, my San Diego fam, Big Meaty for the gear and records, Big Tone (we_eat_trains) for the hospitality and for hipping Dreas to one of the best burger joints ever, the entire Friends of Sound Staff for just being cool as F*ck, my little sis for being my little sis, Dante for the heads up, and a whole grip of others we met on our way. Oh yeah, and a final shout goes out to my girl RecordKingNoDowt, keep digging baby. On the way to Laguna. Look close. Somebody's staring back.My friend Eric pretending to be a collectro. Two nights previous, this dude sent a kid to the hospital with his forehead. *ouch*HANGING WITH MEATY AT HIS STORE, "GRANDIOSE" IN PHOENIX. Inexplicable Batman presence in the middle of New Mexico. All the windows were fronted with metallic batman logos, and the entire place was fenced in by barbed wire. bizarre.img src="http:/
/img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/BreakSelf/Road%20Trip/th_DSC_0154.jpg" alt="" />
My old high school in Montezuma, New Mexico.Beaumont, Texas is crazy.New Orleans was amazing. Incredible city. Dreas and I stayed at my younger sister Zoe's place, and on our first morning I took one step outside and this woman started singing to me from across the street. "I'm looking over a four-leaf clover..." "That you overlooked before?" I responded in garbled half-song. Zoe! SOMEWHERE DEEP IN MISSISSIPPI.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Some of the records I bought. Dreas snagged a grip too, of course.

Private press banjo record for Gary. PM your address, dude.

7" BONER. Doesn't sound at all like I expected.

Cool painting by my sis that she was kind enough to let me have.

This, however, was, by far, the find of the trip. $7 at Goodwill.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    So do you have genre dividers in your trunk

Cool pics, thanks for posting.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

That Heaven at Last LP has a dope Temptations-like gospel funk track called 'Bless My Soul.' Sounds more 1974 than 1980 (its issue date). Definitely fire.

That Heaven at Last LP has a dope Temptations-like gospel funk track called 'Bless My Soul.' Sounds more 1974 than 1980 (its issue date). Definitely fire.

Yeah, there are a few great cuts on there. I think Belson might still have a copy or two if anyone's interested.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Hey - good to see you made it safely.....looks like a very cool roadtrip!

• meaty_ogre alter ego > Travis Grogan

lol

• 7" BONER. Doesn't sound at all like I expected.

Ugh... 7" BONER?!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Ugh... 7" BONER?!

Oh my god. If my chair didn't have arms I would have fallen on the floor just now.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

That William D. Brown III is a pretty cool-mellow 12". I picked up a copy in Memphis. Glad you homeys had a good and safe trip. Funny that I met Zoe long before I'd known you, lol.

• Beaumont, Texas is crazy.

Is Sunrise Records still there? I need to know more about your time in BMT. I grew up in Port Arthur, 20 miles away; if you took I-10, you followed your nose there, too.

I can't imagine you had a good time there, but I'm glad to hear that the rest of your trip was enjoyable!

• WCPC!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Looks like a great trip... Mitchbal would be proud!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    nice pics. thanks for sharing
    Travis Grogan is rockin' it