weekend finds

2»

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Very hot tune. I was gonna cop, but the warp had me second guessing.

I DJ'd a bit with this last Tues in the store. It played fine, although I may have manhandled it slightly and also had a bit of a bloody hangnail.
    I'll make sure to thoroughly disinfect it upon receipt...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Soul Man / Sweet Charles
    Nefertiti / Wisdom
    Scott: I like that Sweet Charles 45. I also like that Wisdom 45, where did you cop that from? I'd never heard of it before but I took a chance recently & was happy I did.

• "It's Only Love" Smashes schitt

What kind of shit does it smash?

Seriously all of side A is amazing. And of course it's only love has always had a sweet break if, like, that's the kind of thing that you're into and that's what you seek you will find it, but you will also find an album you can listen to all the way through with pleasure

abskills (aka akallday) put me up on that years back. i got doubles that i rock in my underwear...break smashes shit completely

• Soul Man / Sweet Charles
    Nefertiti / Wisdom
    Scott: I like that Sweet Charles 45. I also like that Wisdom 45, where did you cop that from? I'd never heard of it before but I took a chance recently & was happy I did.

Yeah - got Wisdom from TradeMe... some guy out west here reckons he's got a pile of stuff to sell... he's being very secret squirrel about it though.

Sweet Charles is a goodie... love that outro where he starts freestyling "Give you good lovin.... takre you from your boyfriend...." Opening break doesn't hurt either... got that and the Amer-Abic Orchestra one when in London a few months back now... what you see there is pretty all I've grabbed since Nov!

Soul Man / Sweet Charles
    Nefertiti / Wisdom

Yeah - got Wisdom from TradeMe... some guy out west here reckons he's got a pile of stuff to sell... he's being very secret squirrel about it though.

Sweet Charles is a goodie... love that outro where he starts freestyling "Give you good lovin.... takre you from your boyfriend...." Opening break doesn't hurt either... got that and the Amer-Abic Orchestra one when in London a few months back now... what you see there is pretty all I've grabbed since Nov!

The out west dude is Neville who used to own the Record Exchange on K'Rd (if you got your Trade Me copy off the same dude I did), he sold up most of the crap that was in the store when he shut the shop but apparently still has a grip of stuff in storage, unfortunately he won't have a bar of anyone coming out to see it & buy off him in person I bet there is some sweet stuff there that hasn't seen the light of day in 20+ years. Some of the stuff he puts on Trade Me is pretty sweet/oddball.

I should add that for a dude who used to run a record store he doesn't seem to know a hell of a lot about high ticket items. He sold the Mantis LP for $20 at the Hamilton record fair a few years back, it in turn was onsold the next week for $900.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I just bought some stuff from Neville myself

cool, what did you get?

• real world finds from the past weekend.

the monk's music is a mint orig. if anyone is looking to do a trade...

• That Gabor Szabo has a shweet break...

nice LP finds

Did you buy these or just take photos of them in the store??

cool