For the Strut connoiseur only (RR)

izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I have two questions. One is about the Messengers Incorporated LP "Soulful Proclamation". I never got to hear the content, so I can't judge, but why is is so expensive? Some Boscoe moments or what? I'm tempted to touch, but when i see that : http://www.calisoulbrother.com/MESSENGERS-INCORPORATED-Soulful-Proclamation-LP-p/csb2000.htmI'm kinda wonderin'...any feedback about this LP.Second question is plain and simple : how much you would pay for the infamous King James Version LP (not the Jap reissue)?

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    It's a good LP. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it. It's rare though. $2000 is crack smoke and it has never sold for close to that amount.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

Second question is plain and simple : how much you would pay for the infamous King James Version LP (not the Jap reissue)?

A great example of crazyness, this one. Pretty average content and really not that rare.

I paid $7 for a copy and I've got no idea as to why some people think it's worth adding a couple of zero's to it.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    thanks y'all...One dude was askin' 200 for the KJV. I guess I'm gonna wait until I find it in a bin...lol. As for the MI one, it sounds good, but not $500 good, specially in this recession era.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Second question is plain and simple : how much you would pay for the infamous King James Version LP (not the Jap reissue)?

A great example of crazyness, this one. Pretty average content and really not that rare.

I paid $7 for a copy and I've got no idea as to why some people think it's worth adding a couple of zero's to it.

Right. I don't have a copy, but I'm honestly fine with my two related 45s and an mp3 of the LP. This album is nowhere NEAR a contender for best Gospel hybrid/X-over. There are LPs that go for far less that embarrass this. Hell, there are other LPs on ABC/Songbird that are better. It's got some nice moments, no doubt, but I'd never pay more than $25 for it in a neutral economy. You want to spend $$$ on a killer gospel LP? Buy the T.L. Barrett on Mt. Zion or one of the Soul Stirrers' SAR LPs. Much better, and they probably won't even run you $200 each.

• Second question is plain and simple : how much you would pay for the infamous King James Version LP (not the Jap reissue)?

Right. I don't have a copy, but I'm honestly fine with my two related 45s and an mp3 of the LP. This album is nowhere NEAR a contender for best Gospel hybrid/X-over. There are LPs that go for far less that embarrass this. Hell, there are other LPs on ABC/Songbird that are better. It's got some nice moments, no doubt, but I'd never pay more than $25 for it in a neutral economy. You want to spend $$$ on a killer gospel LP? Buy the T.L. Barrett on Mt. Zion or one of the Soul Stirrers' SAR LPs. Much better, and they probably won't even run you $200 each.

The one KJV single I have is "The First Time We Met"/"Meeting Up Yonder," and while it didn't SUCK, I didn't get why this group was so sought after. Okay, I've mentioned this on the Strut before, and somebody said that those tunes might be the two weakest, or there was one standout track on the elpee that justified the purchase, or some such foolishness.

But going by what y'all are saying, there's no there there, and even $25 might be too generous.