ASR10 HEADS HELP ME OUT

fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
So. Usally, I use my SP1200 or my MPC for beatmaking.I am know learing the ASR10, cause im borrowing one from my friend.I really enjoy the machine, and its super easy to filter/mix/eq stuff on it, sequence shit, etc. etc.What I wanna know is... How do i put different layers in each instrumen/track.Cause right now im doing it SP1200 style with one sound in each instrument.. I wanna be able to chop up a sample over all the keys and shit.PLAESE EXPLAIN TO ME.Holla.

Comments

• And oh yeah... I also have a stereo sample that I made super lofi with the bit crusher thing, and now its phasing.. I panned it to the side, and then I noticed it, dont know if this has something to do with it thou.

But now its phasing, and sometimes it plays regular. Randomly each time the sample is trigging. Its super fucked! What have I done wrong???

• FUCKINGS PIECE OF SHIT PLASTIC MACHINE..

IT FREEZED WHILE PANNING SOME IDIOT SOUNDS..

The keys still work.

But none of the buttons except from the "audio tracks A & B" buttons.....They still work. And the pitch wheel works.. And the sounds on the keys..

This was a pretty dope beat and Ive spent hours on it.

Is there any way to get it out of the "FREEZE"?

F*ck F*ck F*ck

• if it freezes and you haven't saved, you are f*cked. sorry. turn it off and start again.

if you want to have more layers, all you have to do is go to the command layer pages and select create layer. if you have a kick (lets say) on an instrument (hopefully you have figured out how to make that kick exist on one key using the edit pitch screen) and you want to add another kick to make it mo'whatever, then when you sample in the next kick (or tuba note), make sure you are sampling it to the new layer (you can also just select layer "n" when you are setting up the sampling screen to save yourself time).

i don't know if i explained it well, but i tried!

the asr is an ungrateful, moody bitch. but once you learn how to smack it around, it will be more pleasure than pain...but that being said, many times i wished i bought a mpc all those years ago.

in related business, my asr will not turn on any more. it was having the problem it seems most asr's have from time to time of not fully booting up, but instead of happening now and then, it happened every time. and then the other day, i turned it on and the only thing that was working was the input lights (and it could read that it was getting signal).

i talked to a friend who knows the asr well, and he gave me a few tips i'm going to try today. any other suggestions?

• So. Usally, I use my SP1200 or my MPC for beatmaking.
    I am know learing the ASR10, cause im borrowing one from my friend.

I really enjoy the machine, and its super easy to filter/mix/eq stuff on it, sequence shit, etc. etc.

What I wanna know is... How do i put different layers in each instrumen/track.

Cause right now im doing it SP1200 style with one sound in each instrument.. I wanna be able to chop up a sample over all the keys and shit.

PLAESE EXPLAIN TO ME.

Holla.